Building a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

quentin_richard

Beta member
Hello everyone

Thank you first off for reading my post. I am somewhat new to building computers, but i have spent time upgrading my computer over the last few years including reapiring a faulty power supply, new memory and new video card.

I typically play mostly video games on my computer, as well as store my huge collection of music and pictures. So i am looking to buy everything for my computer except a monitor, have 20.1 widescreen, and hopefully i can re use my video card as i like it alot.

I have Windows xp currently, a ATI Radeon x-800 sapphire, is my video card, 20in widescreen monitor, and am pretty much looking for the rest to buy, so i can follow the posted building steps on this site.

Thank you everyone for your advice and i will look through them all very well before i decide what to do. Oh and i guess im looking to spend around 700-1000 dollars in parts since i have a vid card and monitor. But i am very flexible to looking at all my options.

Quentin

well what kind of games are u gonna be playing, because u might need to upgrade ur gpu. maybe not. not sure.

k, so here is one thing, if ur gonna by now. then you gonna want something along these lines

AM2 4400+
MSI k9N, not sure if they have platinum, but check if they do, get it, lol
36GB Raptor, and 300GB Caviar (Western Digital)
Creative X-Fi Xtrememusic
2x1GB OCZ, G.Skill, Crucial, Corsair, Patriot, or Mushkin, ram, just as long as its DDR2.
Thermaltake Tsunami case? its good enough
NEC 3550A optical drive
Antec TruePowerII 550watt, i would make a conroe build, but i g2g play soccer, pce out.

Currently i play Warcraft, but i play all MMORPG.

Cool, ill look into that list of stuff.

Hopefully more people post cause i like alot of options.

as long as u dont play fast moving high graphics game (like most of FPS, FEAR, CoD2, etc...) you should be fine w/ ur current GPU. i think...

to quentin, in July 23'rd a new CPU will be out, one that might be very very good for its price, named Conroe (Note on the might, we can never be sure 'till its out), Even if you dont want to get a Conroe and want to stick to AMD, the AMD CPU's prices will drop by far, allowing you to get a better cpu (either intel or amd) for less $$$.

So take that in mind, Also, if you'r looking for high-end aluminum cases I wouldn't suggest the tsunami its FAR too small and I didnt like it at all when I bought it, in fact i was so unsatisfied I returned it to the store and got a gigabyte 3D Aurora (Which I stayed with, and except its not all-stylish made like the tsunami, its far better quality and spacey..)

Other than that, john's suggestion was pretty good.

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom