building an "everything" computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, 4x512 is generally faster than 2x1, because they have tighter timings, and they do indeed run in dual channel.

For watercooling, make your own system. Here is an awsome water-cooling setup for just a little bit more.

CPU Block: Swiftech MCW-6002($45)
VGA Block: Dangerden Maze4($45)
Pump: Swiftech MCP655
Resavoir: Swiftech MCR80
Radiator: Look at the water-cooling sticky at top. It says how to turn a car heatercore into a watercooling system. Cheap and doesn't look too hard. Or get a Thermalchill 120.3

If you make your own radiator(read above) then it should cost about $235 and the watercooling system will be awsome for keeping you system cool during some good overclocking.

You can only get dual channel with 4 sticks on certain motherboards, and I don't know if yours compatable.

Since 4 sticks are harder to match than 2, the timings will get iffy and some A64s dont support 4x512 at pc3200.

Just stick with 2 x 1GB sticks; it's gaurented to work with your mobo, and it's much easier to configure (BIOS automaticly picks up the 2 sticks in dual channel.)

Besides even if you do get them to work good there won't be much of an improvement plus you use up all your DDR slots.

sweet, ill look into the water cooling sticky, and the memory thing isn't quite for sure yet, i was just looking at the best for the price, i only wanted to spend about 2000, and thats what i did, so for the price, i thikn the system will work out sweetly. thanks for the input though, ill work on the cooling system should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom