Building Computer as we speak

Status
Not open for further replies.

badmojo77

Baseband Member
Ok..I am getting really frustrated,,

I ordered a AMD athalon 64x2 Dual Core, and I sucessfully put it on the mother board. Now I am trying to install my heatsink, it says something about a thermal heating pad??? There isnt one in the box it came in..what gives? Do I need it?

There should be a thermal pad stuck on the bottom of the stock heatsink. Just remove it with 90% Isopropyl Alcohol, and use Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste instead. This will transfer heat better and result in lower cpu temps.

curtcheese64 said:
There should be a thermal pad stuck on the bottom of the stock heatsink. Just remove it with 90% Isopropyl Alcohol, and use Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste instead. This will transfer heat better and result in lower cpu temps.

Nope, Nothing... Just a...omg is this it? It is small gray square, is that what they are talkig about?

Yes. If you won't be using a seperate thermal paste, thats all you will need. If you will use a seperate paste, remove the pad with a credit card and clean it with 91% isopropyl alcohol.

when i got my cpu i didnt hav any other thermal paste so i kept wat came on the hsf. my temps are at about 38 idle will these temps lower after a week or so?

im getting AS5, and also the Opteron 165, so does the Opty come with the thermal pad? and wtf do i get 90%+ Isopropyl Alcohol.

unless you're gonna overclock.. there's no real need for as5.. that stock stuff is good enough.. just put it on and off you go

Yeah, but for an Opty, AS5 is recommended. I used ArticClean and AS5 for my 4400+. Is was very easy, so people feeling aprehensive, don't worry. It's as easy as sticking you motherboard in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom