Building A computer testing help!

ArcticZero

Beta member
So, I just received my computer parts for my computer i'm building. I have put the heatsink and the CPU on, the RAM, and the GPU on the motherboard. I hooked it all up to the PSU and turned the motherboard on. The connected monitor displayed nothing with dvi, vga, or hdmi. I have an asus z77 motherboard, so it displays numbers on startup rather than beeping, and at the stage I am at, it's numbers basically mean o.k. for all connected parts. The Heatskink/Fan is on, along with the GPU fan and the Motherboard is on. I tried using the integrated Graphics as well. I do not know the problem, because I think the GPU, CPU, and Motherboard along with the PSU are fine. The only ones that could possibly be a problem are one of my 2 RAM sticks, or the CPU, although I do not know how to test either. Please help! Thanks...

take the graphics card off and plug your monitor into the display on the motherboard. shouldnt have a problem after that...

So, I just received my computer parts for my computer i'm building. I have put the heatsink and the CPU on, the RAM, and the GPU on the motherboard. I hooked it all up to the PSU and turned the motherboard on. The connected monitor displayed nothing with dvi, vga, or hdmi. I have an asus z77 motherboard, so it displays numbers on startup rather than beeping, and at the stage I am at, it's numbers basically mean o.k. for all connected parts. The Heatskink/Fan is on, along with the GPU fan and the Motherboard is on. I tried using the integrated Graphics as well. I do not know the problem, because I think the GPU, CPU, and Motherboard along with the PSU are fine. The only ones that could possibly be a problem are one of my 2 RAM sticks, or the CPU, although I do not know how to test either. Please help! Thanks...

take the graphics card off and plug your monitor into the display on the motherboard. shouldnt have a problem after that...
Dude come on :neutral:

Take the motherboard out and have everything disconnected besides the 8pin and 24pin power connectors from the PSU. Place the motherboard on its box on a solid surface, this is only temp for testing purposes. Take all but 1 stick of RAM out and try it in each slot. Do this with both. Do not have your video card installed, troubleshoot with the IGP. Let us know what the results are.

it wouldn't work if he tried the onboard while the graphics card was still plugged in...

he didnt say he unplugged the graphics card :p

Back
Top Bottom