building a computer starting with a barebone kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got through BIOs and when I started to install windows it had to format, after a 4 hour format it says the HD is either not switched on or properly connected...? Wth

Well I picked a full one and now of says something is wrong with the drive

Now when I go into windows setup there are 4 partiions. 1 partition 831050 mb and 1 at 265613 mb and then 2 unpartions

Is my HD wrecked?

When i run gparted, it has my 1 partition there and i cant do anything to it, its unallocated?

so i made the drive msdos and then restarted and tryed windows and it worked!, im typing this post from my computer now ty everyone, specially saltynay and trotter.

Ah well done I am happy to hear everything is good again :). Hope this hasn't tarnished your opinion on building your own PC now that you have done it before should only take you 30 mins to build and be upto the windows installer.

hello again after about 3 months of running my own built computer it seems like my drivers started to act up. everytime i would reset my computer sometimes my mouse,keyboard, and monitor would not work. it would take about 3-5 resets to get on with everything working. I decided to hit the switch in the back on and off to see if that would help (bad idea) now it is back to the problem that when i hit the on switch the light blinks and the fans spin for about 2 seconds...is the power supply dead? should i of gotten a higher watt psu? what should i do =(

Update: i tryed to go thro and unplug things to see what the problem is and it seems like when i take out the processor the computer actually runs.. but if i keep it in and unplug something like the video card it doesnt work..soo would this be a processor problem or a power supply problem?

If you take out the processor nothing will run, so there's no surprise there. The fans will turn on etc. but nothing else will happen.

You could try a reset I suppose.
Unplug the power, press the power button once.
Take out the CMOS battery and press the power button again
Put the battery back in, then the power cord, then try booting again.

didnt work. i am trying to find out what i need to replace the processor or power supply? or if theres any way to fix this...anyone else?

I really want someone to confirm this, does it make sense that the motherboard is fryed? It has been 3months since we put it together and it worked, does it fry overtime? the problem was we did not use spacers so it is fryed? before i go and order a new motherboard to want to have some sort of confirmation and also i was wondering would there be an upgrade of this motherboard i should get (maybe one that supports crossfire?, or can i crossfire a pci 2 card with just a pci card?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom