Building this computer next week. Please give me thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

undergrounddlz

Baseband Member
Well here is all the parts and specs for the computer I will start building next week. (possible christmas sales :D )
already have the money saved up.

Case that I already bought
Mobo
CPU
RAM
hdd
CPU fan

I already have a DVD burner that will be my main drive, and I already have a floppy drive I will add.
I already have a PCI-express video card that I got from a friend, I know it works, I think he said it was a Radeon x700 or something. Will upgrade it eventualy.
I will also be buying 2 more 80mm fans for the front of that case so that it will have 3 fans, I hope thats enough.

and I will be buying the sound card at another time.
but it will most likely be this one.

I also heard that the RAM for that CPU must be 533Mhz, is that true?

I would like opinions on this, and suggestions please. :)

thank you

Buy all of that stuff form Newegg. You will save a lot of money and might be able to get some better parts. What is your budget? That sound card will be really good too.

With a computer like that you should get a better video card, that one will hold it back. I don't know a lot about ATI cards other than I like nVIDIA cards better, but I am pretty sure that card will hold your system back.

Spartan III said:
With a computer like that you should get a better video card, that one will hold it back. I don't know a lot about ATI cards other than I like nVIDIA cards better, but I am pretty sure that card will hold your system back.

I agree. get at least a Nvidia 7300.

I would be getting the stuff through Newegg or Tigerdirect but I don't think my parents want me ordering stuff over the internet. :(
But the good thing about useing stores, if that if there is something wrong with it you can just take it back for a replacement.
As for the video card I think im just going to use it as a temporary until I can get more money. I was thinking about making it a Radeon x1600 or if Nvidia is better then I will get a Nvidia 7300, or better like ferarri said.

as for my budget, after this next tuesday I should have about 1050$

thank you for the suggestions :)

Didnt look to see if anybody said it yet but Newegg will probably have better prices, cool build though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom