Building a computer... advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteblazer01

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I've been out of the loop for a while, but it's about time to upgrade this thing. I'm using a *cough* emachine and its carried me so far.

I was checking out Monarch's website (as was suggested in another post), and I see their prices seem very good!

I'm not really going to be doing any serious gaming on this computer, but I the kind of person that wants it just to have it. :)

So I've been looking at the Intel E6600, Asus P5B MB. HDD I have plenty of, case is no biggie (about $100 for a decent looking one)...

I need some video card and sound card suggestions.

I must have a tv tuner video card so I can record and edit videos (for personal use of course).

For sound, I would like a 5.1 system.... possibly a logitech, so I'll need a sound card for that.

For memory - I can't stand a slow machine... whats good enough to run photoshop, firefox, edit a video or 2, and a few other apps without driving my fist through the monitor? 2GB? 4GB?

Thaks in advance!

(I typed this all with one hand - I gave myself a nice gash with a hot knife, so forgive me if I threw in a few extra letters here and there)

well ok ... im not 100 percent but you dont need a special card for video editing ? i mean i edit vids on my card... nothing special..... and if you want a tv tuner its prolly be better to get a seperate tv tuner card anyways.... un the creative soundblaster are like the good cards..... theyve been rocking hard for some time now ... and about 2 gigs should be good for now till vista bc XP cant handle 4 gb well it can but i wastes it... so 2gb but if your smart get like 2 1gb sticks and a 4 slot mobo so whe nyou do up it up you can .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom