Building a computer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.... it does say Toledo but as you can see the L2 cache is only 512KB x 2. And the L1 cache is 128kb + 128kb?? I don't know what that is, ask someone else.

I'll tell you what the difference between that 3800+ and the other model that's out there is the stepping. The one your looking at is E6 and the other one is E4. I'm not sure what a difference that makes but be warned you are not getting a 2MB cache like the 4400+ Toledo.

hmm straNGE. anyways you can stick with XFX if you want to go throught their custmer suppoirt and all tha tjunk

I'd say look for some fans that are less than $10 and have an airflow rating of at least 30CFM and a noise level lower than 30dBA.

Alrigty:)

here's my case: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16811144001

It has 1 x 80mm UV blue fans - one one top and one on the side

and it can hold up to 8 fans:)

here's a review of the case:
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cases/X-Dreamer/index.htm

or you can just click on the newegg link to the product and look at all the specs, reviews, etc.:)

So now that you now know what I'm going to be puting in it, what do you suggest I get for fans?

---------------edit-----------------------
^ok I've been looking at ALL the reviews on this case and seme people have problems with: faceplates being to strong<==the spring

*Kinda flimsy

*If I get the power supply that I planned on getting people say that you have to take off the top fan:(

*the temp guage that came with the case dies fairly fast

*psu of course is junk<==I knew that lol

Some reviews that people put:

I upgraded the power supply to a 500w.Had to remount the top case fan.The 500 ps is longer and interfered with fan location.Had to locate fan on outside of case.Still recommend this case very nice with good features. Looks awsome in the dark.
-----
temperature gauge died after about 15 months as I had it attached to my primary hard-drive which ranged between 75-95 degrees.
-------
too bad the drive bays have these nasty metallic grooves that get in the way. I practically tore my cdrom drive apart to get it to fit; ended up tearing off the front panel of it. Then I bought a LiteOn DVD drive, that too had problems fitting, so I got a screwdriver and bent the metal grooves back so I could push the dvdrom to the front. Even then, the cover for the Cddrives were too strong for the drive to open. Very troublesome, but a pretty good case for the price.
-------
so....
pros:Cheap, fairly good case.....?

Cons: Temp guage dies...psu junk<--duh, um I really don't want to have to remove the top fan... but I guess I could.....

So I'm not sure If I should get this case:(?

JUST GET THE DARN CASE~!!!. i had to remove my top case fan. move that to the front. get a big 120mm case fan for the back and your set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom