Building a computer

Cut myself off...windows media use, office suite, high output processing, etc...how many fans would be suggested for a machine with these specifications, and would a SSD be preferable? I've heard nothing but good reviews on SSD's. And if I were to get NAS, which hardware would be best used for a home network?

What kind of applications are you referring to when you say high output processing? Will you be running a lot of VMs simultaneously?

An SSD is always preferable; the only drawback is capacity vs. cost compared with HDDs. If you've got the money, go for it. People usually get an SSD for the OS and frequently used programs and a larger HDD for storage.

As for NAS, it would depend on your needs. For the typical home network you really don't need anything fancy - even a shared folder in a homegroup would work. If you don't want to leave a machine running, you could get something like a Seagate Goflex and just connect that to your home router. For something really heavy duty you might want to build yourself a server.

Thank you!!! Sounds good, I'll keep that in mind. Does that graphics card have bad reviews? Or just don't need it for my type of computer?

Back
Top Bottom