Building a computer

Thanks nevertheless. I wouldn't be able to purchase from that website anyway, I'm British.
I can't measure his room but it's small sized. I won't buy one now but I'll buy one next month, and I'll buy the one you linked to me. I'm going to rearrange his room so I can build a little shelf for him to put the Projector on, I just hope that for the £320 That it costs we both won't be disappointed. And as I said the color of his room is a clean blue, meaning there's no bumps in it, but it's not clean if you know what I mean, as in it's not blank, there's some sort of pattern on the wallpaper, I just hope that because I'm not going to be buying a screen that won't affect the quality too much. I gave him my brothers old 32" LG LCD TV anyway, but like you said nothing compares to 120" Of awesomeness.

Well I got you covered. A California King or King size white sheet is much cheaper than a projector screen ;) It wont be as large as you like it, but will work better than wallpaper patterns lol.

I make sure my projector walls don't have anything on them like posters or whatever. If you have wallpaper patterns then you will want to get a sheet. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I mean, 99% of the people who came over gave a nasty smirk at my first projector not being HD but when they played Halo Reach on it I found my house full almost every day.

When you say sheets are you referring to the bedding sheet? Because that's actually genius, disappointed in myself for not thinking of that first. I can't really seem to find many though, and out of the few I've found only one has been white, the: Wyndham House Microfiber California King Size Sheet for £33. I have however also found a company called The House Of Emily, and on Amazon.co.uk There's a Double Bed size (500 TC Egyptian Cotton sheet), measuring at 92x100" For £17.50 which I think is pretty good, and I haven't measured the distance of where my son will be sitting to where the Projection will be displayed but it's a small area, so even with the Auto-Focus functions or whatever, I doubt the Projection would be any larger than 92".

Just remember that the inches of the screen is diagonal. These are my measurements on my standby screen. Actual viewing is a tad larger.

8ft wide 96"
4.10ft high 49.2"
112" Diag

So that one you found should be perfect if your sons screen size is going to be smaller.

Yes I do indeed mean bed sheets. Use thumb tacks or better staples to make it flat and as taut as possible. Makes for a really good temp screen. Btw, the material doesn't make a difference so the cheapest solid white sheet will do fine. If I bought Egyptian Cotton I would be putting that on my bed lol.

Oh I see what you mean. Well the Projector you linked and has the capability to Project up to 120", which obviously is too large for the wall that my son will be Projecting on, but I'll try and find a Tape measure tomorrow and measure his wall, because I don't know how they work and I'm sorry if you've mentioned it and I haven't picked up properly, but if I'm going to be spending £300 I think at least 70" of view-able size is fair and respectable.
Would you mind elaborating more on how the actual Projection is displayed, or if there's some way or a button to increase or decrease the Projection size?

Is more Image Contrast Ratio :1 good, or is less :1 better?

Also, would you please review this Projector?
http://www.ebuyer.com/291118-epson-eb-x02-2600-lumens-xga-projector-v11h432141

There's also this Projector, it's only 800x600 but has whatever 3D Plug n Play is.
http://www.ebuyer.com/414131-benq-ms517-2700-ansi-lumens-svga-projector-9h-j6l77-33e

Last edited:
There are controls in the projector menu to change image size and shape. As I mentioned before there is also digital zoom which comes by default at 100%. When you decrease it it decreases the overall size of the image.

I still say the one I linked is better.
Infocus In114 2700 Ansi Lumens Xga Projector | Ebuyer.com

It's cheaper, does 3D as well, and has a better warranty than the Epson. Plus, I own an InFocuse so I can say they are good projectors.

Hi PP Mguire, nice To see you again. After all This Talk about Projectors I Think I'm gonna get myself one of Those bad boys! Read The entire Thread, so Thanks For The information.
To Pierre, That's a really nice system you have There. Hope all goes well with your entire build.

Thankyou Pro I hope so too.
In the midst of all this money spending I'm going to also add in a new computer for my son. We went onto the Tech site Scan and had a look around and wrote down some things that should be ideal for what he wants.
Corsair Carbide 200r = £49.99 / Sharkoon Rex 8 = £50.38 / Antec 302 Case = £51.58
Intel Core i5 3330 Processor = £138.18
Gigabyte GA-B75-D3V Motherboard = £59.70
XFX 2GB Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card = £162.94
Seagate 1TB Hard Drive = £50.32
Intel 330 Series 120GB Solid State Drive = £88.94
Corsair Memory Vengeance Black 8GB RAM = £44.16
Corsair CXM Builder series 600W Hybrid Modular Power Supply = £55.92
Will cost around £670(with DVDD), despite our knowledge I'm pretty proud of our selection, what do you think?

I also already have multiple copies of Windows 7/8.
I'm also not sure about DVD Drives, do I need a Reader/Writer/Burner? I only want a DVD(watching) Drive.

Looks good but swap a few things.

7870 for a 660ti eVGA
Intel 330 for a Corsair Force GT or Neutron GTX
CX for a Seasonic MK 520w.

Technically you don't even need a DVD drive at all. If all you will be doing is reading the disc then just get a reader. You can reserve a BD Writer (which does everything CD/DVD/BD) for your machine and if your son or anybody ever wants to write they can use yours to save money. For Windows installation you can install Windows via a Flash Drive.

Back
Top Bottom