Building a computer

Pierre1

Banned
Hi guys, I was recently promoted and apart from the usual celebration I want to treat myself with a new awesome computer, I have £5000 To spend and I'd preferably like to spend it all. I require Windows 7 Professional. The computers use will be primarily business, Microsoft office applications and running simulations. Secondly multimedia, I want to sell my blue ray player and use my computer for connecting it up to my widescreen tele and watching movies with my family. And lastly gaming, I don't work weekends and I usually play games on the weekends with my son, we play call of duty, skyrim, world of warcraft, battlefield and other games like that.
So yes, thank you guys.

IMO you should halve the budget and build yourself one and your son one ;) Because 5,000 euro is a lot on one system. Even half of that is.

Unless you were looking into like, dual GTX 690's and everything water-cooled and the rest of that whole shebang. Then it'd probably pretty easily creep up to 5,000.

IMO you should halve the budget and build yourself one and your son one ;) Because 5,000 euro is a lot on one system. Even half of that is.

Unless you were looking into like, dual GTX 690's and everything water-cooled and the rest of that whole shebang. Then it'd probably pretty easily creep up to 5,000.

I second this.

as i suggested in a previous thread, get a pair of thousand quid computers, get a pair of 500 quid ips giant monitors, then spend the rest on room improvements; chairs, posters, new gianter tv. make a game room.

ps: do people from england say quid, and in what context.

Last edited:
Oh you did? If a £1000 computer would do the task then I'll happily do that, I was thinking on taking my family on a mini vacation as well, so if there's any room to spare money on the computers I'd like that. My son already has his own computer, it cost me around £600 but it's just for casual use. I don't need room improvements and I'm a grown man, I don't care for posters, no offence. And even if I did, it's going to be in my study, the computer is still primarily for my business use, I would also just like it to be a gaming computer on the weekends for my son and I and a multimedia computer weeknights so my family and I can watch movies etc. And I already have a Panasonic 65" 3D Plasma TV, I'd have to spend at least £5000 To get a larger one, which is pretty ridiculous. One thing that I'm sure on is I'd like to use the NZXT Phantom White/Red case. I just need some help on what to put in it. Quid is used everywhere in the UK, it's just another word for Pounds. Quid is like Bucks to Dollars. And to iFargle, given the money I'm wishing to spend I'd like the computer to be all watercooled, and I Google'd GTX 690, and one of those starting at £700 I think I'll stick with one :p.

perfect then. go on vacation. room accouterments = spare money. i dont have any myself, just something else to spend money on for improvements.

probably 2000 quid for more computer than you need and a 3000 quid vacation.

This build will handle everything great, extremely great. Has pretty much the best graphics card a gamer could want, and has an awesome intel CPU. Also with the SSD you will be blazing fast. This is for sure future proof for a little while.

This build is not as good, but it can definitely handle the most demanding game out now, it can without a doubt handle BF3 on max settings and Skyrim on max settings. This computer would not be as good for simulations as the one above because the CPU isn't as good.

Last edited:
This build will handle everything great, extremely great. Has pretty much the best graphics card a gamer could want, and has an awesome intel CPU. Also with the SSD you will be blazing fast. This is for sure future proof for a little while.

This build is not as good, but it can definitely handle the most demanding game out now, it can without a doubt handle BF3 on max settings and Skyrim on max settings. This computer would not be as good for simulations as the one above because the CPU isn't as good.
Both of those builds link to the same generic build.

Oh you did? If a £1000 computer would do the task then I'll happily do that, I was thinking on taking my family on a mini vacation as well, so if there's any room to spare money on the computers I'd like that. My son already has his own computer, it cost me around £600 but it's just for casual use. I don't need room improvements and I'm a grown man, I don't care for posters, no offence. And even if I did, it's going to be in my study, the computer is still primarily for my business use, I would also just like it to be a gaming computer on the weekends for my son and I and a multimedia computer weeknights so my family and I can watch movies etc. And I already have a Panasonic 65" 3D Plasma TV, I'd have to spend at least £5000 To get a larger one, which is pretty ridiculous. One thing that I'm sure on is I'd like to use the NZXT Phantom White/Red case. I just need some help on what to put in it. Quid is used everywhere in the UK, it's just another word for Pounds. Quid is like Bucks to Dollars. And to iFargle, given the money I'm wishing to spend I'd like the computer to be all watercooled, and I Google'd GTX 690, and one of those starting at £700 I think I'll stick with one :p.
2 680s are actually faster than a single 690. I got some things to take care of and when the internet isn't being lame and I can load up Scan I'll piece you together an awesome PC.

BTW if you want larger than a 65" TV then I suggest getting a projector. I have 120" on the wall and you can do that for less than a grand at 1080p.

Last edited:
I don't understand, you say it's extremely great and has the best graphics a gamer could want but the link you displayed has Integrated Intel Graphics and a 350W PSU o_O? I appreciate your time to help me. And that's pretty cool PP Mguire but I'm not looking to upgrade my tele just yet, it's mounted on the wall in the middle of the room, and with 62.5" of actual screen it's big enough for me :p. Take all the time you need, I will be here.

I don't understand, you say it's extremely great and has the best graphics a gamer could want but the link you displayed has Integrated Intel Graphics and a 350W PSU o_O? I appreciate your time to help me. And that's pretty cool PP Mguire but I'm not looking to upgrade my tele just yet, it's mounted on the wall in the middle of the room, and with 62.5" of actual screen it's big enough for me :p. Take all the time you need, I will be here.

I Updated the other link

This build will handle everything great, extremely great. Has pretty much the best graphics card a gamer could want, and has an awesome intel CPU. Also with the SSD you will be blazing fast. This is for sure future proof for a little while. It also has the case you like.

Can you other members look over the build so he will be sure its good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom