Building Comp - Help Critique Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it should fit,,,the side fan in that case isn't in the usual spot so there should be no problem what so ever. If you can fork out some extra money i would get a better case (better as in better cooling, maybe some more features, even looks ,,,IMO that is fugly.

:p I wasn't especially excited about the looks but I was happy with the USB/power button positionings, drive clips, and dual 120mm fans. I guess i'm not use to have a suped up tower. There was a few ones I saw that look pretty nice in the $100 range. Can't remember what they were called. One had either one or two 120mm fans in the front alone...

Well if you can spend $100 on the case you could get a reall nice one, with good cooling

these are a few of my recomendations...

antec 900 (good cooling, bad wire management)

nzxt lexa black line (good cooling, good looks, back tray is removable for the wire management is better...no down falls other then the front is plastic)

Apevia X-JUPITER

Apevia X-DISCOVERY

NZXT Apollo

the nzxt tempest is coming out very soon (supposed to be early April so any day now) it is ment to beat the antec 900 so it has even better cooling and good wire managment...it doesn't look the greatest though but its not bad.

I'll have to look into them depending on my budget. I think I like the nzxt nexa black line the most and then the antec 900.

I was also considering the quad core setup but I'm not sure yet if I want to do that, but I figured I could always find the pieces I would want and compare the prices of the quad core to the dual core.

At the moment my dual core comes to about $750, which includes extra stuff (hhd/burner/fans/keyboard/surge protector).

in any event if I did go with quad, what about would I need to change? I know I would need to ram, cpu, and mobo, what about psu and gpu to accommodate changes?

I picked out a few things, only thing i'm not certain about is the mobo and I have yet to pick out psu and gpu because I don't know if they need to change. Here is the quad core setup for mobo/cpu/ram

More or less I have about $350-400 of play room for those three parts for the quad. Unless I change the psu and gpu then that might increase or decrease budget.

For the psu, does it matter if it's labeled 24pin or 20+4 pin for a 24 pin motherboard? Are these compatible? If it is compatible do I plug the both the 20 and the 4 (20+4) into the 24 pin motherboard or only the 20?

psu
mobo

a 20+4 pin psu means that it the cable that connects to the mobo can be unclipped to become a 20 pin powercable...but it also can be re clipped to be a 24 pin cable. (you would connect all 24 pin if it is a 24 pin mobo).

the link in your 14th post is not to your setup...as long as your mobo has the right capabilities (socket and fsb) it will be compatible with a quad core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom