Building Comp - Help Critique Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoB10

Baseband Member
I've been asking a lot questions in the past day on this site and I figured I would just go ahead see if others have any comments towards my list as a whole.

As far as the system goes, I am trying to build a system that will allow me to encode videos quickly, use Photoshop/Premiere/Flash, and allow be able to play games at one point or another. I am not concerned with having the top grade graphics card but I do want it to be effective. My motherboard has SLI so I could always upgrade that eventually. I am already at my budget, yet I will be still willing to swap items and reconsider things.

I mentioned in another thread about getting the quad core, I would still like to get it but I don't know if it would end up skyrocketing my budget.

Any thoughts and opinions will be highly appreciated.

Case - Rosewill R5604-BK 0.8mm SECC Screw-less Dual 120mm Fans ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
MOBO - ASUS M2N-SLI AM2 NVIDIA nForce 560 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Graphics - ASUS EN8500GT TOP/HTP/256M GeForce 8500GT
PSU - FSP Group Blue Storm II ATX 2.2 500W
RAM - 2x Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz - Dual Core
Heat Sink/Fan - ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

get a q600
get a true
get 2gb of ballistix
get a 520hx by corsair
id say go up graphics wise, but thats relative of what you do on it. For gaming and large photoshop and videos like you said, id try to get a 8800gt if budget permits.
I would also say get a p35 ds3r

well if you want to minimize costs

get a q6600
get a tuniq
stick with the ram
I would jump up to an 8800gs
corsair 550vx
asus p5k se

The 550vx would be much better then the one you listed for about the same price...

Is it possible that both of you could elaborate in terms of spelling it out a bit more, I'm not so familiar with some of the abbreviations (if they are) like "true or tuniq" or possibly supply some links. I understand the ram/graphics though.

I seem to be getting a lot of suggestions to go towards the ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm and the Tuniq. Do you both still favor tuniq?

The 8800gs gpu looks like newegg might have for 130 with 30 mir.

corsair psu wouldn't it be better to have more rails? I don't know much about it, just curious..

well more rail is good for lots of peripherals and for sli..since you aren't going sli and haven't mentioned that you use many many peripherals then a single rail would be better.

I would use a tuniq over an afpro 64 anyday.

The tuniq looks comically large, granted I have a large heatsink/fan now I don't think it's as big. Would it even fit in my Case

Only things i'll have in my computer is dvd burner/hdd/tv tuner/graphics card/maybe sound card eventually/Ethernet card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom