Building A Comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus_1

Baseband Member
Hey, i was wondering if i could get a bit of help from you guys, i want to buy a new graphics card for my computer, i curently have a Fx5200 Agp, but im not sure if i can upgrade it since my computer is around 3 years old, its a Sony Vaio PCV-RX672, i asked a guy at some computer shop if i could buy the x800, he said my computer wouldnt be able to use it, obviously i wouldnt know why, but was thinking maybe it had something to do with the mother board, i would tell you what mother board ive got, except i dont know!

Also was wanting to buy a 3.0 processor to replace my 2.0, could someone please tell me if i have to buy a new motherboard to make these replacements or make any other suggestions, as i want to build a better Gaming PC for myself.

If it is a 3 years old, everything in there is probably preatty obsolete.

I would recomend selling it all, and start from scratch...

That machine sounds like it's still salvagable, unless you're a complete graphics junkie. Some people have to have the top of the line everything otherwise they go nuts.

If you have an AGP card, then you can upgrade. Do one thing for me. Run a program called EVEREST Home Edition. Come back with the type of motherboard you have. You can get this program by googling the name of it in google, and add the work 'download' just to be sure.

You probably have a 4x AGP slot and a s478 P4 or celeron. But I'm not willing to give you advice on a whim I have.

Ryan

Motherboard ID: 12/18/2001-I845 -P4B266LM
Motherboard Name: Asus P4B266-LM
Video Adapter: MSI FX5200 (MS-8917)

What other info you need? can you please tell me if i have AGP or PCI? im not even sure of that lol. How can i check?

So with the info ive provided u guys with, what is the best possible card i can get? i wanna b able to play hl2 quite well, and can i put a 3.0 processor in there? any other info u guys need?

Well, I guess the best AGP card you could get is a 6800GS. Maybe some of the other 6800s can be AGP too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom