Building A Comp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD is another CPU brand. maybe go with a AMD 64 3200+ (939), and a socket 939 motherboard., and some new Memory (try 1Gb (512x2)). For the video card youd be able to get PCI-EXPRESS. Sell your old stuff.

Wait up, i didnt understand before, CAN i get one of those processors i listed or not? any of them at all?

FghtinIrshNvrDi said that you've got a socket 478 mtherboard so anything with socket 478 or 478 pins will fit. but you'd be better off with a newer pic that will be more upgradable

k thanks alot guys, also, 1 mor request, can anyone hunt me down a x800 4x agp for sale? thanks

you guys need to quit giving such bad advice. He doesn't want a system makeover if possible. He wants to UPGRADE to run HL2. It's not that hard.

Ryan

You can get any processor with socket 478. You can get any video card that supports AGP 4x/8x.

I would suggest an eVGA 6800GS for the videocard. It will run HL2 well.

4x and 8x? u guys just told me 4x, that changes everything, so i can get way better gfx cards, can i get a graphics card that just suports 8x though?

Your mobo only supports up to 4x, but most AGP cards say 4X/8X meaning that you can use either. If the card only says 8X it probably wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom