Building a Comp - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Building a Comp

Alright, I'm new to this whole scene. I've been wanting to build a computer for a while, one based on hardcore gaming. My current system has trouble running Black and White 2...I find that a little off considering my dad built it and he knows a hella lot about computers (must of had a very limited budget). Now I'm wanting to create a more update system for serious gaming.

Give me some input. I've been trying to figure this stuff out and so far it seems the best way is a high-speed processor with a Crossfire system...but once again, I'm new. So just give me some input and suggestions on what to buy.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Building a Comp

Let me be more specific, I need to find a Barebones system that is both powerful yet not extremely expensive. Looking for 300-450. If anyone knows of any...it would be very helpful. The opinion part is GFX Card and Sound Card, neither of those do I know even the slightest about, so if you all could dump me some information on those two...it would be very helpful.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

300-450?, I suggest save up to around 1000 dude you'll just end up with a ****ty one that you wish you never brougt unless you can get the parts cheap.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Well I can tell you I know enough about computers to know you're either going to the wrong place or you just flat out don't fully understand what it is you're buying. =S Lmfao. I mean you should just get an Alienware if you're going to pay 1k for a barebones...which is normally a motherboard, processor, case and power supply. >_> I just don't want to have to buy EVERYTHING seperate and put it together, that's more work than I'm looking for. So if anyone knows of a great place to get barebones for gaming purposes that aren't so expensive you would just save up some more and buy a pre-built, let me know.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Oh a barebone, sorry i didnt relise
Old 04-28-2007, 05:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

It's cool dude, I was just like, "Well dang, you're rich and definitely treating yourself to nice stuff." Anyways, I just don't understand what to look for when like getting a bare bones what to look for as a good combination.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

dude, if you want a pc for serious gaming, barebone or not, 350 is **** not gonna be enuf. where bouts are you posting from? coz a store in europe aint gonna be much good if ur in USA.
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 04-28-2007, 06:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Actually bro, it is. o_o I'm not looking for the top of the line stuff, not like 600 dollar GeForce graphics cards or 600 dollar Intel Quad Processor. I can get a barebones ATI 64 X2 5200 for like 390. I just don't know how compatible it and the motherboard will be. I'm just asking if you know a good site for cheap. It's not very hard. No reason to lecture me. Most of the stuff I've been finding is ASUS motherboards with ATI processors...
Old 04-28-2007, 06:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Patron

ok for your limited budget this would be the best bang for buck:

cpu: amd 3600x2
Ram: 2x1gb g-skill
hdd: Seagate barracuda which ever one fits in your budget
mobo: not to hot on amd systems but this motherboard looks good Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK
gfx: evga card what ever fits in your current budget you can use the step up-program to upgrade to a newer one within 90days and just pay the difference
Old 04-28-2007, 07:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

... Above is a good mobo for your budget.

Video card:

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Closed Thread