Building the cheapest touch screen PC please share you thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Shades

Beta member
Fresh meat on the forum here guys, I'll get right to business. Im looking to build a touch screen PC thats pretty capable of browsing the web and using some media functions or maybe even capable of running the latest version of full windows software. It has to be as thin as possible and cheap as possible. This is not a joke, this is a real project I am attempting and I am not really knowledgable to alot of modern technology but im deffinetly not a caveman. If your gonna post "just buy the new HP touchsmart PC" please dont bother posting, i need facts and tips on geting my goal achieved. With that said any info is greatly apreciated.

-Chris

Sounds like an interesting project.

Grab a 15" to 19" screen, pick up a touch screen kit from ebay and do your thing with the screen, buy a miniITX motherboard like this one. Now, you can get that one or, one with an Atom cpu in it which will be thinner because of the larger heatsink needed for the proper lga775 cpu.

Then get a PSU (smaller ones made for miniITX are better for this), get a laptop slim dvd drive and notebook hdd and assemble to the back of the screen. (Try to magnetically shield everything too.)

Welcome to the forums....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom