Building budget gaming rig. Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah seriously...when you reduce the life from 10 years to 8...what does it matter when it's obsolete in 1 year or so anyway.

Ok, let me ask this. Instead of buying two of those vid cards and running in sli would I notice a big difference if I just used one and oc'd? Really it's for playing CS Source and Day of Defeat Source.

I would hate to drop another $150 if it's an overkill. I could then wait to upgrade that in the future, pick another up when the cost is lower.

I'd suggest you stay with just one and overclock. Because a single 7900GS can man handle those games....lol....a bit of exaggeration, but it can play those games easily, at the highest setting.

I'd suggest you stay with just one and overclock. Because a single 7900GS can man handle those games....lol....a bit of exaggeration, but it can play those games easily, at the highest setting.

Good deal, you just saved me $150 and a lengthy explination to my wife as to why I need two of these...

He's trying to save money...lol. And the 7900GS does the job. And he's only playing CSS and DoD. You don't need a 7950GT for that. That's like paying, an extra $30+, for what, like 10 more frames per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom