Building budget gaming rig. Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...errm yeah but he could overclock those other cards and beat the overclocked 7900gs.

Yes, he can overclock them too, but the X1950PRO, is a horrible overclocker. Talking from personal experience. He can over clock the 7950GT, but it cost more.

shan,
It will run CSS perfectly, and at the most highest settings.

But for about $50-70 less, he can overclock the 7900GS pass a 7950GT. And that's bang for your buck, right there.

Wow, alot to handle here... What if I don't overclock at all? Also I will be running them in SLI. How will that effect performance. I know it's supposed to increase the frame rate. Should I still overclock? I don't see any upgrades for awhile after building this...

Overclocking is not necessary, but you really get a bang for your buck, if you do. So I say, you should. If you can get a $130 card to perform, like a $180-200 card, why not?

Says there that you're gonna have 2 7900gs's in SLI. Rather than doing that, get a single 8800gts 320mb for cheaper

It will, but by that time, you'll probably have a new card by then. I have a overclocked video card, that's been like that for 3-4 years. Still works like new.

i dunno....i had a 7800GT with the 20 pipes and now a 7900gt with 24 pipes and there was quite a difference witht he 4 extra pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom