Building around the GF 8800gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIandlovinit

Solid State Member
Hey Folks! I just purchase 2 GF 8800 gts graf cards and am running SLi. My previous cards were GF 7800 GT OC cards also in Sli. my current system is:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo

AMD 64 3800+

4gb DDR SDRAM

Thermaltake Tough Power 750 watt main PS
Thermaltake Express power 250 watt sli power supply(for graf cards)

2 sata HDD 1)80GB 2)300GB

DVD rom drive

CD/RW drive

FLoppy drive

Sound Blaster Audigy

and 5 case fanes 3, 80mm and 2. 120mm

My question:

What kind of mobo,cpu and memory should i get to get the best possible performance out of the 2 new graf cards?

I am currently looking at the Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition but i read one review that said it is cramped when running sli and the 8800's are monsters.

I do want Amd and am probably going to go with the FX 62 but would like any input from those who know.

I will be using the machine for gaming first person shooters RPG and MMORPG i like my graphics and i love eye candy(what gamer dosent lol).

Anyway thx for the help in advance and if i left out important info let me know.

OH and one more thing I should probably get a case to allow for maximum cooling the one i have Cooler Master is kind of restrictive.

go core 2 if you can

youll probably have to sell your current cpu/mobo/ram but it will be worth it and btw 4 gigs of ram is a useless ovverkill

I would have gotten a single gtx before I got 2 gts's. Make sure you have good cooling cause those things run hot. When playing oblivion at max setting were hitting temps of up to 85c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom