Building an Alienware M14x

I own the r1 of the m14x alienware and it is overpriced lol. It's a nice laptop but just a tad pricey in my opinion. Buy a Asus and get more bang for the buck.

Buy an ASUS, I just purchased an ASUS G55, and I don't regret it one bit. They run extremely well, and everything is great except the weight and the sound. And it is only for 1200.

Does this fit my needs? It was $750, but I jacked it up to $900 :(, but with SSD, I would've broke the budget (Free upgrades on the harddrive!).

• 14" HD LED-Backlit Display with Super Glossy Surface (1366 x 768)
  • Intel GMA HD Integrated Graphics with Share Memory Architecture up to 1.7GB
  • 3rd Generation Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-3610QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.30GHz)
  • Stock Standard Thermal Compound
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB
  • 500GB 7200rpm SATA Hybrid Hard Drive with 4GB SSD - Free Hard Drive Upgrade Back to School Special Promotion!
  • 8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software (Does that also mean burner? I don't really need a burner, but it's a bonus.)
  • Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module
  • Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
  • No accessories

$900 Sager NP2240 Notebook. Anything to change to lower the price? I can change the wireless to an Internal 802.11 B+G+N Wireless LAN + Bluetooth Combo Module to lower the price $25.

Do you really need an SSD? I understand the speed, but is it worth the extra 150?... Not from dell, IMO
Later on you can buy one and upgrade that yourself.

Dropped the i7 to a 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Processor.
I can't change the GPU. Is the GPU something I can buy seperately, then replace?

The cost is now $800.

Back
Top Bottom