Build Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaerik00

Baseband Member
OK, I've been going over alot of build for my new gaming pc, and i need just a little more help, since I always change my mind. I do NOT plan on overclocking, or going SLI. All i know for sure is:

CPU E6600
Video evga 8800gtx

What I want is a cheap MoBo that supports quad-core, 2g compatable ram, and a cheap psu to support it all.
Can you guys suggest some options?

i wouldnt buy a "cheap" mobo, especially psu's! im not saying break the bank on a mobo and a psu but dont get the cheapest one thats all, in the long run you will end up regretting it!

i wouldnt buy a "cheap" mobo, especially psu's! im not saying break the bank on a mobo and a psu but dont get the cheapest one thats all, in the long run you will end up regretting it!

Truth. My first build had a very cheap motherboard, and there was definately a difference.

I did a quick search of newegg and found this which supports quadcore and has a max ram size of 8 gigabytes (DDR2 Dual Channel support). It seems to have a lot of good reviews.

Have fun bottlenecking your 8800GTX a little bit Without overclocking...even a C2D stock bottlenecks them a bit as they are very powerful. I'm going to recommend a DS3 as it is the best cheap board out there that and it overclocks well becuase one of these trust me...you will.

As for a PSU you do NOT want a "cheap" PSU for a system like that. The cheapest I would go is something like this.

Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4K530-MS ATX12V v2.2 530W Power Supply 100 - 120V UL, CE, TUV, FCC, CB - Retail

EDIT: to the above poster, the DS3 is one of the best overclocking boards there are and is rock solid. I can recommend it to almost any build.

I should have explained my intentions a little better. I'm not looking for the cheapest possible, more like a good price to performance ratio No more than $400 for the board,, ram, and psu. I hope that clears it up.

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply - Retail
Item #: N82E16817103928
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

$69.99

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBNR - Retail
Item #: N82E16820231084

-$35.00 Instant
$179.99
$144.99

GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813128012

$132.99
Subtotal: $347.97

If your an overclocker you could use the extra cash to buy a Heat-sink fan or upgrade the memory to the hz model as they're suppose to be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom