Build time! Wish me luck! - Page 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #71 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Build time! Wish me luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyf View Post
Yeah, I liked that idea too, but as you know, the Antec sidefan sits at 45*, and it gets in the way of the TRU120E. I could turn the TRUE sideways, exhausting into the big top fan, and see how that works, but maybe for another day.

Yeah, the wiring acutally looks better than that generally, Those pic look really bad, and I was careful to ensure all the open spaces and fan bays are completely clear. still, casemod might be the next big thing. I could use the time to do it now, but I'd rather wait and get everything running before having a go.
ahh i forgot you had something in the way.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:35 AM   #72 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

yeah, but I'm in agreement with the idea! Ill have a closer look later on how I might botsch a solution.

oh gpu oh gpu... I want my graphics card back. doo doo bee dooo daaa.....

Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
Master Techie

ring them and find out then, i expect lines close at 5 or 6 or something like that, normal business hours.......... ring tomorrow and let us know what they say
Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #74 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Right, well didn't ring them, and no movement by Fri evening, but checked today, and on the website it says: item processing finished, OUTCOME: replaced. Which is good. Also got a 'your order had been dispatched' email. So no explanation or anything, but looks good. YAY! maybe come monday night I'll be a happy man!

I will admit to being worried, if you search for reviews about overclockers, you inevitably read horror stories, but of course, why would you leave a review, unless something went wrong. Anyway:
Good Stuff, overclockers!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #75 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Thought I'd post an update:
GPU arrived on tuesday, and hooray! everything works! PC is now up and running, and I've spend what time I've had over the last few days downloading all the programs I need, reflashed the BIOS, ran 3dMark06 (9600 odd. about what you'd expect, stock), and generally drooled over the graphics in Bioshock demo (woo.. freeky game ), Oblivion and X3. What is wonderful, is with my humble 1280x1024 LCD, I can run everything at full specs, and I have not once encountered anything that could remotely be considered slow down.

In fact, its so good, I'm not even sure if its worth overclocking anything! I might just wait until I find I actually need that extra performance hit!

The one thing I am missing is a DVD player... I have a copy of PowerDVD somewhere, but am still yet to find it. Is there a good program that I can download for free?

Anyways, thanks yall for all the help! muchly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #76 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

Nice to hear you have everything set up and running smoothly.

As for DVD playback...windows media 11 should support it natively.

|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Closed Thread