[BUILD] Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
1 year before, I said I was going to build a desktop with $2000. It consisted of Q6600 and 9600GT SLI. But it didn't happen because I had to move. Now after one year, new stuff are introduced which are almost twice as fast as the build I was going to get before. My laptop died so I need a computer.

I am going to send the laptop to Sony for service. Tomorrow I will be buying the stuff for this build. This build is for me to get experienced and practice with overclocking before I start taking #1 spots. I currently have $1600 after spending so much money. My mom giving me $5000 which I will receive tomorrow when my uncle comes from Puerto Rico. And I am planning on selling the laptop or giving it to my brothers.

I can pick the parts from past experience. I just need you guys to give me advice or ideas because I haven't been active as before.

I won't be going with water cool yet just high end air cool first. I am keeping this build until May because I am going back to Puerto Rico to visit and don't want to lose money and I am going to get a new one after vacation.

Budget: $2000 - $3000 including tower, mouse, monitor, keyboard, speakers.

I am going to have fun next weekend. No school on Friday and Monday.

EDIT: i7 for those that were wondering

I was thinking about that PSU, since the cost difference wasn't that much, but I guess I was waiting to see which video card he wanted to get. ;)

I liked the 285 you threw out there...of course, he could always grab a 295 and dual 24" monitors. He can afford it.

The only reason I threw up the ASUS was because of the 1080P, but I like the Acer better, hence why I included it.

I wish I had a couple grand to throw at a new machine. :[ It's fun to pick out parts for someone else, but man I would love to finally be able to do it for me.

I currently don't do any gaming becuase I don't have a mouse and I can't play with max settings. I will start playing all the games when I finish building this.

I am getting GTX 285 SLI or GTX 295 and a 24" monitor. I also have multiple Sony 52" HDTV. If you are asking me why I might get GTX 285 SLI it is just for benching. After some weeks I will sell one.

shoot, i didnt even see that you recomended that monitor too.

I wish I had a couple grand to throw at a new machine. :[ It's fun to pick out parts for someone else, but man I would love to finally be able to do it for me.

that's why i am a member here :D

EDIT: well in that case, go with 2 GTX285's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom