build proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude22

Solid State Member
ok so heres the break down. i want a new computer now, but i would also like to take advantage of all the new hardware coming out in feburary (penryn, 9 series) and my dad is still rockin a pentium 4 in his cpu. so i was thinking about going with this plan.

BUY NOW:

Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - Retail

Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 520W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Retail

2x Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING MX-2 Thermal Compound - Retail

2x Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E2180 Allendale 2.0GHz 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium for System Builders Single Pack DVD - OEM

7x Newegg.com - Thermaltake A1927 120mm Red LED Case Fan - Retail

Newegg.com - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler - Retail

evga 8800 gt 256mb ... wherever i happen to find one.

THEN: sell my dad the processor mobo and video card for retail price and buy these at release (mid-feb supposedly)

q9450 (spossed to be like 316 retail or something?)
9 series flag ship video card
whatever mobo
24in lcd monitor

so basicly thats the plan. any feedback on areas that need improvement? how many fans will i need with the antec 900? i plan on replacing the normal blue fans with red, putting another red fan on the heatsink, and then throwing in all the extra fans i can. 7 is probably overkill.

will the e2180 overclock to good performance level?

You shouldn't have to sell your motherboard for another one. The P35 chipset will be compatible with Intel's upcoming processors.

I think the Antec Nine Hundred only has room for one extra fan... on the side panel. I'd try to get a clear one for it. So if you replace all the 120mm fans on the case, you'll need 2 for the front, 1 for the back, 1 for the side, and 1 for your heatsink (or you can put two on your heatsink). Meaning you'll need 5-6 fans.

The E2180 should be able to overclock well...

I also think filling all your RAM slots is a bad idea... doesn't leave you much room to upgrade. The LED's on those Tracers will be cool, but aren't they blue? Might look weird having a little bit of blue with all your red LED fans.

I also think filling all your RAM slots is a bad idea... doesn't leave you much room to upgrade. The LED's on those Tracers will be cool, but aren't they blue? Might look weird having a little bit of blue with all your red LED fans.

Or it could look tottally aswome .... like a little pupil in the eye of a monster....

My brothers car is red, he changed all his lights on the inside and stuff to red and his radio glows like blue so he changed his front seat lights to blue also and it looks pretty cool... haha idk if i can compare the two but it has a nice effect in his car

hmm, good points. i may switch it up and go with blue case fans, but im not positive. that part isnt really a big deal though. how high should the E2180 clock?

thanks for the help guys, i think im gunna change the processor to the e2200, im gunna give it a whirl and see how it works out. hopefully it should be a little better (maybe not) but whatever, the price difference is 5 dollars.

thanks for the help guys, i think im gunna change the processor to the e2200, im gunna give it a whirl and see how it works out. hopefully it should be a little better (maybe not) but whatever, the price difference is 5 dollars.

good choice, i was gonna suggest that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom