Build in progress: w/Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay in updates, was out of town, I got the computer running without any problems so far, I just need to get a copy of windows xp. My copy of xp that came with my gateway wouldn't let me install it, which bites, but what ticks me off even more is that the full version of XP is now $199 everywhere, including at the military base. Was it not $99 for the full version just a few years ago for XP? Thats the price I paid for a full copy but then let a friend borrow it and forgot about it, and never saw that CD again, but what justifies a price increase of $100 dollars? Service Pack 2? Screw you Microsoft, I'm just going to borrow a copy from a friend, end of rant.

I'm not going to OC this machine for the time being until I get her broken in with all the other software installed and curing the arctic silver 5 by playing GTA vice city and Simcity 4 for a bit. Some other info about the build is that core temp is reading both cores at 35C idle (inside the case) and I have the screenshots but I don't have photoshop installed to resize and save the image as a jpeg, so I'll get to that later when I find the cd.

Heres the screenshot of the cpu temps, these are just the idle temps, and these are in case temps. Forgot about prnt scrn but still would of had to save it as a jpeg instead of bitmap.

temp01oh1.jpg

I've got to do alot of reading on OC'ing before I even attempt to, I still got my V'card in OC'ing man ;).

Well, You can overclcok these things like mad. You canget 3.0ghz on the stock cooling stable. but get a better heatsink/fan before going any higher. All over a great build. I just can't wait to do mine. **** I have to wait until january maybe febuary.

This'll be the last update for this thread I guess, but heres some load temps...

Idle/Load = 35C/48C
Ambient = 75-77f

temp01bz2.jpg

These are at stock speeds, just wanted to cure the AS5, and these temps might be lower since the front and rear fans (Scythe SFF21E) are only spinning at 660rpm, I think they're both warped since they make a clicking sound almost like a pulsating click, anyway the Scythe fans suck, but ironically the Scythe infinity fan is working like a champ. Yate loons on the way ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom