Build Plans... AMD AM2.. Check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get AMD. You can do better in that pricerange.

But suit yourself, I know Apokalipse is satisfied with 2nd best, maybe you are too.

the OP obviously knows what he is doing to a certain degree, is he not allowed to have an opinion on how to spend his own money? why flame on apkalipse? that serves no useful purpose...except to incite another AMD/intel argument...yawn.
now, for instance, i agree with gurusan that if you do go amd, buying an am2+ mobo would perhaps be a good choice, as (hopefully) AMD will solve their issues with the phenom and you will have a mobo that takes advantage of the newer technology.
if you are going to go the am2 route, you should consider sticking to the low end chips/boards and overclock the snot out of them. or get the am2+ board and a cheap chip.
any chip costing that much (as much as the FX or the 5000) will be pretty easily overpowered by a c2d in the same price range.

the OP obviously knows what he is doing to a certain degree, is he not allowed to have an opinion on how to spend his own money? why flame on apkalipse? that serves no useful purpose...except to incite another AMD/intel argument...yawn.
now, for instance, i agree with gurusan that if you do go amd, buying an am2+ mobo would perhaps be a good choice, as (hopefully) AMD will solve their issues with the phenom and you will have a mobo that takes advantage of the newer technology.
if you are going to go the am2 route, you should consider sticking to the low end chips/boards and overclock the snot out of them. or get the am2+ board and a cheap chip.
any chip costing that much (as much as the FX or the 5000) will be pretty easily overpowered by a c2d in the same price range.

this is my plan.. since eventually i need two computers, Im going to buy an AM2 mobo now, and when AM2+ mobos become more widespread/ in stock!, i will then get an am2+ board and use one of the am2 procs. until the price drop on the x4's ... that is my plan....

I would just get a am2 board for now and then get a am2+ or whatever is next when you upgrade. I don't see much of a reason to spend so much money on a board now unless your getting a phenom or plan to upgrade the chip really soon.

I would just get a am2 board for now and then get a am2+ or whatever is next when you upgrade. I don't see much of a reason to spend so much money on a board now unless your getting a phenom or plan to upgrade the chip really soon.

^^ YURPPP .. MY PLAN... TO THE T!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom