Build Perfect PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuffusJOnes

Solid State Member
Heres my plan and it's a deliciously evil one at that. Tell me what your pefect GAMING/MULTI-MEDIA PC would be? What kind of hardware and why? How much it would it cost?

I ask this because i plan on building a new Pc some time in the future with a 2000 dollar budget and i need to know exactly which hardware is the best keeping in mind i dont need to overclock. I already know im going with an AMD CPU, serial ata Hdd and Dvd/cdrom burner. im also thinking of a water cooling system.

Intel QX6700, 4GB Cosair DDR2-1111, 6 x 150gb Raptors in RAID 0, 2 x 8800GTX, 6 x 750GB Seagates in RAID 0, 2 x 30" Dell LCD's, Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, PA system for audio, 1080p projector as 3rd monitor, projecting on a huge screen the size of my wall, 2 x blu-ray burners, 2 x HD-dvd burners.

It'd cost like $17,000.

Why do you "already know" you're going with AMD? You realize that means that you "already know" you're going with a slower inferior product, right? Intel's Core 2 Duo totally PWNz0r3z AMD. You can look up benchmarks on anandtech.com, tomshardware.com ... pretty much anywhere on the internet.

Also, what's the point of water cooling if you aren't going to overclock?

Screw benchmarks. The real way to find out is first hand. Benchmarks lie, companies cheat. Look at nvidia. Messing with the scores. And AMD all the way. The performance difference between them and Intel isnt going to be noticable to any human.

ok wait isnt serial ata the old IDE drives? If so that would not be a good choice. And if you are building any time soon then you would want to go with a core 2 duo.

Anyways my favorite computer within reason would be

cpu: core 2 duo e6600
2gb xms2 800mhz ram
x1 150gig rapor HDD, and 1 500gig storage drive
700watt ocz PSU
2 dvd burners
thermaltech armor full tower case, liquid cooling
z5500 speaker set-up
g5 mouse
1 19in. monitor and 1 24in widescreen
8800gtx video card
ds3 mobo

i also think that AMD is simply a better company than intel. i mean AMD has won a couple of Anti trust lawsuites against intel. And i also hear that AMD's are just as good as intels. Also...arnt seria ata's sata, the little orange connecters? there 10 times faster than ide cables which **** me off big time.

That build sucks.

Michowski1 said:
My ultimate computer would be.....

video card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195024 - $450

cpu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103759 - $445

Total for all this comes to $1955. This thing would be kicking everyones *** for the next 2 years.
Michowski1 said:
Screw benchmarks. The real way to find out is first hand. Benchmarks lie, companies cheat. Look at nvidia. Messing with the scores. And AMD all the way. The performance difference between them and Intel isnt going to be noticable to any human.

Let's see, considering the fact that the 8800GTX beats TWO X1950XTX's in crossfire, I think your choice of video cards is a bad one. AMD all the way? O RLY? Benchmarks don't matter?? O RLY?? If AMD is so much better in gaming, find me some GAME benchmarks where Intel doesn't TOTALLY PWNz0R AMD.

I have "found out first hand." I have an Athlon 64 X2 3800+, which I overclocked it to 2.6ghz, it still sucks. I also have an E6600, it is the fastest computer I've ever used, and then I overclocked it and its even faster.

And people who have this system are already getting their asses handed to them with the QX6700 or X6800 and two 8800's. So your whole plan for "kicking everyones *** for the next two years" is already foiled.

I don't know if you have a severe case of AMD fanboi syndrome, or what, but you chose:

1. The GPU brand that is behind, and has driver problems. And:
2. The CPU brand that is behind, and has performance problems.

Good going!
icon14.gif

Wait for R600 and K8L and you might have something with the whole AMD/ATI thing, but until then, you're just another AMD/ATI fanboy with a gutless computer.

RuffusJOnes said:
Water cooling would be silent i like my silence

Touche.

RuffusJOnes said:
i also think that AMD is simply a better company than intel. i mean AMD has won a couple of Anti trust lawsuites against intel. And i also hear that AMD's are just as good as intels. Also...arnt seria ata's sata, the little orange connecters? there 10 times faster than ide cables which **** me off big time.

Read above for Intel/AMD, in the end, I don't care which one you get because I don't know you and because of that, I don't care if you waste money on slow processors such as the 5200+.

SATA = serial ATA, which is what you want, but it is not ten times faster than IDE, it is just slightly faster. :confused:

Say what you want but I play any game now with max settings at the max resolution and never stutter or lag. Nothing but pure performance/quality. Compared to my friends custom built alienware with the 7900 card in it I easily run away with the quality of the graphics while the performance is about the same as long as its an nvidia based game. My ati playes either based with no worries.

As for driver problems, Come over here and show me mine. I never had any problems that your talking about. Show me in person up close because im not lacking in performance or drivers. No freezing, no delays, no problems. Show me my performance and driver issues please. Aparrently im not seeing them as I play everything maxxed out with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom