Build me a rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kisskerven

In Runtime
I just wanted to see what you guys could come up with- keeping my personal interests out of it until the end.

Price range- 1500 US
Needs- Everything. Will omit keyboard/mouse/speakers since Iam not picky on them.

What it needs to do- Be badass and play games at MED setting (preffered over the highest- or if "very high is an option- shoot for "high" but most games dont have "very high") and yes Id love Crysis to work.

That'd be about all Iam limiting for now.
Happy building.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0
EVGA 680i SLI or ASUS P5N-E 650i SLI
2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
2x 8800GT 512MB in SLI
Corsair 520HX
Western Digital WD7500AAKS 750GB
Samsung 226CW 22"
Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme
Cooler Master 690

The rest is up to you...

nice rig there dude..

also noteworthy for the boards are the MSI 650i SLI-FI (forget the specific name since i haven't recommended it in a while.. haha) or the Plat version... or the P5n32 SLI Deluxe

edit its p6n SLI-fi and P6n Platinium

bleh he beat me. I won't bother finishing to type it out then XD.

I was gonna post 2GB G.Skill ram the corsair 620 the Coolermaster Cosmos case. Everything else was the same.

I just love the outside look of the cosmos. I like having a window though.

The Corsair 620HX in my opinion, is too much power, seeing as the 8800GTs consume less power, than their higher ups.

520HX is can power that system very easily. Or the 550VX.

The ASUS P5N-E SLI board is a great one. I own one, and it overclocks like a dream, when you get to know it.

why g'skill HZ?
corsair dominator is like the same price on clubIT and i hear its pretty fast
but crucial ballistix still greater

The Corsair 620HX in my opinion, is too much power, seeing as the 8800GTs consume less power, than their higher ups.

520HX is can power that system very easily.

the 520hx (according to sora) can live with 4 HD's, two Ultras, and a lot of other beefy stuff... cuz of the heavy amperage...

Im so sick of seeing the corsair Power supplies reccomended on this site.
Don't get me wrong, they are great power supplies. Very very "Great".
But they ARE NOT the only choices People.

the 520hx (according to sora) can live with 4 HD's, two Ultras, and a lot of other beefy stuff... cuz of the heavy amperage...

O now that I didn't hear. Cool. Maybe I should snag that buy.com deal then.

No not the only choices. But it is great, also has convenient cabling, and a great price at 70$ for the 520. The only reason i'd go for a more expensive alternative with slightly worse specifications/no mod cabling.. would be if it looked cool as heck.

yea but....its $80 on clubIT
what's better? i mean cmon
rosewill and fotron for budget
corsair for med-high budget
pc & p for uber systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom