build me an intel gaming rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
i want you guys to help me out of course i have all the parts i want in mind but a little more knolege wont hurt

I want a nice system for gaming doesnt have to be the best of the best just a good overclockable pc

my budget is $700
only thing i have is video card(8800gtx) and cpu cooler, and case so lets go shopping

Yep, that works great too. But do you think that 650W psu is better than the 750W one I recommended? The input on that one is 10A and the imput on the one I recommended is 12A. Don't you want more amps?

I'd spend the extra $10 and go with the PC P&C. I like the extra 6/8 pin connectors as more and more cards are taking dual 6pin connections.

BTW, I have both of these PSUs, both are great but the PC P&C is worth the extra IMO.

well if you could fit a q9400 in your budget then that would be better for future games. but for now the e8400 will do a slight bit better for current day games.

I will vouch for the pc power & cooling power supply. I have the 750W version and I've never had any problems. All the extra cables will make it much easier for me to transition from my P4 system to my new i7 computer in the coming weeks. I think I got the power supply for like $140 or so from newegg like 6 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom