build me an Intel-based gaming pc for 1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I have about 1200 bucks waiting here, so I'm wanting another gaming computer. No oc'ing, I already have monitor, keyboard, mouse. about 1200-1300 would be cool. thanks!

it could be used for overclocking, but I probably won't. I just want really reliable parts

E6600
MSI 650i
GSkill 2GB DDR2 800
eVGA or XFX 8800GTS
Antec True Power Trio 550watt
a HD that fits your space needs
DVD Burner
for cases look at thermaltake, coolermaster, and Lain Li

I would disagree with the mobo, ram, the graphics card and the harddrive there all good components Gamer personally I think this build would be better:

Mobo: abit AW9D-max
Ram: G-skill 2x1gb
gfx: 8800gts 320mb (the extra onboard ram is only needed for high resolution screens. The factory overclocked just wast money it is very easy to overclock a graphics card. Evga should be bought mainly with the intention of using the step-up program as there is no point paying for exactly the same card as another brand but paying more)
Hardrive: Seagate barracuda 7200.10 the 320gb is currently the sweet spot for performance/space but the whole series are good because they are fast, cheap, long warranty

I would disagree with the mobo, ram, the graphics card and the harddrive there all good components Gamer personally I think this build would be better:

Mobo: abit AW9D-max
Ram: G-skill 2x1gb
gfx: 8800gts 320mb (the extra onboard ram is only needed for high resolution screens. The factory overclocked just wast money it is very easy to overclock a graphics card. Evga should be bought mainly with the intention of using the step-up program as there is no point paying for exactly the same card as another brand but paying more)
Hardrive: Seagate barracuda 7200.10 the 320gb is currently the sweet spot for performance/space but the whole series are good because they are fast, cheap, long warranty

whats wrong with evga, its one of the best graphics card companies imo.

the msi 650i was probably a little better of a choice than that abit as its cheaper and performs the same, plus later if you ever wanted to SLI.

i agree with the g.skill though much better for the money than that kingston.

i second f2b's build, its flawless, and comes in at around $1250.

p.s. if you needed to save a little you could get an e6320/e6420 at $40-60 cheaper.

I know its a great company I just don't see the point in buying evga when you can buy exactly the same card from Bfg, Palit, XFX I chose min because the graphics look cool that was the only difference I could see

EVGA offers a lifetime warranty and they have been making GPU cards just about longer than any other Nvidia company out there.

I want to stress to you that EVGA is almost ALWAYS the cheapest or second cheapest out there. XFX which you said is nice is actually almost ALWAYS one of the most expensive. There is nothing wrong with buying EVGA as they are very cheap, are the largest name in Nvidia cards, and come with a Lifetime warranty. Other companies are good but I would pay 10 bucks more for an EVGA name if I had to however usually they are the cheapest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom