Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 263
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernong1992 View Post
ya i'm having issues deciding between the e6750 or the q6600

also with my recommendations:

CPU: e6320 or q6600 or e6750
mobo: p35-ds3r
ram: g-skill nq's
case: coolermaster centurion5
hd: 320gb seagate barracuda
vid card: 8800gts 320mb
cooler: arctic cooling freezer pro 7 or tuniq tower 120 (if u get the q6600, otherwise af7 is fine..... also, if u get an af7, don't buy thermal paste, the af7's thermal pad is good enough)
I really struggled with going for the e6600, q6600, e6420 or the new e6750. I finally made up my mind that I do more gaming than anything and chose the e6750. For $181 I can do some major OCing and in 1-2 years move up to the new quadcores when the gaming industry makes better use of the quadcore technology. That's my way of thinking.
__________________

Bot2011 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot2011 View Post
I really struggled with going for the e6600, q6600, e6420 or the new e6750. I finally made up my mind that I do more gaming than anything and chose the e6750. For $181 I can do some major OCing and in 1-2 years move up to the new quadcores when the gaming industry makes better use of the quadcore technology. That's my way of thinking.
Good point....those e6750s with the G0 stepping can reach into the high 3.0GHz range.
__________________

__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot2011 View Post
I really struggled with going for the e6600, q6600, e6420 or the new e6750. I finally made up my mind that I do more gaming than anything and chose the e6750. For $181 I can do some major OCing and in 1-2 years move up to the new quadcores when the gaming industry makes better use of the quadcore technology. That's my way of thinking.
i think i may do the same......
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 263
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Totally off topic but I just picked up 2 antec nine hundred cases for 89.99 + shipping from frys.com. That's $40 cheaper than newegg. So if anyone was thinking about getting one that's the place to get it.
Bot2011 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Uber Sanoob Techie
 
san21893's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westchester County, New York
Posts: 634
Send a message via AIM to san21893
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot2011 View Post
Totally off topic but I just picked up 2 antec nine hundred cases for 89.99 + shipping from frys.com. That's $40 cheaper than newegg. So if anyone was thinking about getting one that's the place to get it.
get back to us on how that case works out, it looks nice but alot of people dont give it credit they think its bad. And thats an awesome deal btw.
__________________
san21893 is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie
 
ivan chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 154
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

ya lol i was outta it the other day i was going on three days of no sleep


just scratch that lol
ivan chaos is offline  
Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot2011 View Post
Totally off topic but I just picked up 2 antec nine hundred cases for 89.99 + shipping from frys.com. That's $40 cheaper than newegg. So if anyone was thinking about getting one that's the place to get it.
nice find....
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 11:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 241
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Hey there, right. My mate has been able to increase his budget to about £500, do remember you can't go by newegg.com because us Brits have to pay a lot more even though £1 = $2

This is what ive come up with using your suggestions:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
£138.63 inc VAT

Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo CPU - Cheap at Ebuyer!

GFX: EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
£187.90 inc VAT

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Ram: OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY
£76.36 inc VAT

OCZ 2GB DDR2 Memory - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 Socket 775 G965 onboard VGA and audio mATX
£70.82 inc VAT

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 Socket 775 G965 onboard VGA and audio mATX

HD: Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache Hard Drive - OEM
£41.99 inc VAT

Western Digital 250GB SATA2 Hard Drive - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Case/PSU: Raidmax Sagitta Black/Silver Gaming Case With Side Window - With 500W PSU
£57.98 inc VAT

Raidmax Sagitta Black/Silver Gaming Case With Side Window - With 500W PSU

And its came to about £585ish which is a little beyond what my mate wanted. Ideally i would like to keep the GFX and CPU the same although i know that is tricky considering the budget.
Amidamaru is offline  
Old 07-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amidamaru View Post
Hey there, right. My mate has been able to increase his budget to about 500, do remember you can't go by newegg.com because us Brits have to pay a lot more even though 1 = $2

This is what ive come up with using your suggestions:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
138.63 inc VAT

Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo CPU - Cheap at Ebuyer!

GFX: EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card
187.90 inc VAT

EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Ram: OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY
76.36 inc VAT

OCZ 2GB DDR2 Memory - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 Socket 775 G965 onboard VGA and audio mATX
70.82 inc VAT

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 Socket 775 G965 onboard VGA and audio mATX

HD: Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB 7200RPM SATAII/300 16MB Cache Hard Drive - OEM
41.99 inc VAT

Western Digital 250GB SATA2 Hard Drive - Cheap at Ebuyer!

Case/PSU: Raidmax Sagitta Black/Silver Gaming Case With Side Window - With 500W PSU
57.98 inc VAT

Raidmax Sagitta Black/Silver Gaming Case With Side Window - With 500W PSU

And its came to about 585ish which is a little beyond what my mate wanted. Ideally i would like to keep the GFX and CPU the same although i know that is tricky considering the budget.
plz don't tell me ur using that case's stock PSU
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 07-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
alexsabree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 1,845
Default Re: Build me as good of a gaming PC as possible

yeah dont ever use the stock psu from a case.. they all suck (learned that the hard way)

Gotta buy the psu separately. Or you will be buying one later
__________________

alexsabree is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intel or Amd for new gaming build? Mandingo New Systems | Building and Buying 10 05-26-2007 09:42 AM
good build? baron5 New Systems | Building and Buying 9 05-10-2007 09:29 PM
cheapest gaming build siddanth3 New Systems | Building and Buying 24 05-06-2007 08:12 AM
Looking to build gaming computer need help goldenboy3413 New Systems | Building and Buying 5 05-02-2007 06:49 AM
Good enough for gaming? impact New Systems | Building and Buying 16 04-14-2007 11:32 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.