Build Help.. Couple things, Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dm3k1

Solid State Member
Ok, Right now I have an e6300 core 2 duo processor and an Intel DG965WH mobo (which before I open I am selling because I don't want that chipset) I am doing a complete overhaul (exluding my x-fi which is comming with me) so far i only have the two components.

I am first selling my mobo and getting the ASUS P5N-E SLI because its a decent overclocker, good priced, accepts ddr2 800 under cas5 and acepts multiple voltages. That I think I am ok with, but suggestions always welcome.

Second, I am planning to get the ATI x1950PRO because I can get it for 150$ through ATI and I cant pass up the performance for the money. This I know I am doing.

Third, I need memory, I am thinking about getting G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBHK, Its their new ram that runs at 4-4-3-5, ddr2 800, 2GB. It, for the money looks like an amazing deal at 240$. Reviews so far are good, says good for overclocking too. But my question is, if I get that motherboard that accepts ddr2 800 CAN you even overclock it? Will it allow you to go faster and will you notice performance increases, or is it pointless? Any other suggestions on memory is welcomed!

Fourth, I am going to need a hard drive, Im thinking just a little 80gb sata 3gb/s to run the OS maybe the 120gb baracuda.

Any advice, suggestions? Am I building a pretty good little machine on a budget? I know the 6300 OC's very well so I am definantly planning to push it.

So far Im looking at about 75$ for the Mobo (after selling mine for 75$) 150$ for the card, 240$ for the ram, 65$ for the hdd.

do you think you will notice the difference in timings? And can you OC ddr2 800 ram with a ddr2 800 mobo?

If I go with that ram should I just keep my motherboard? the reason why I am getting rid of it is because it doesnt accept timings lower than 5-5-5 and it only allows 1.8 (i guess 1.9 with new bios update) The ram is 1.8-2v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom