Build for a Friend.

looks solid.

a) with no aftermarket cooler, does he need the paste?

b) i think they make better pastes now than as5. i think tuniqs compound 3 and 4 are really good.

looks solid.

a) with no aftermarket cooler, does he need the paste?

b) i think they make better pastes now than as5. i think tuniqs compound 3 and 4 are really good.

1) true, but as he gets more money he will add to his PC so might as well get it now.
2) I knew about the Tuniq, I tried to get some for my build but Ebuyer didn't have it and neither did any other stores I could find in the UK. There is only a couple degrees difference, isn't there?

What cooler would you recommend for around £30-40?

i'm sure it is fine, but i think that leaving it off for now and finding a different paste that doesnt have to be periodically replaced or need a bake in period for best results would be better. They all are about the same, but i personally like the consistency of tuniqs stuff. your results may differ. i think even toothpaste and peanut butter work in there as ok thermal paste.

from the same shop (with their MASSIVE selection)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro rev 2 Socket 775, 1156.. | Ebuyer.com

is probably old reliable.

he doesn't mind going a bit over budget so something in the range of £30-40 would be good.

AS5 works good right off the bat. The only time you need to worry about changing and a cure time is when you are heavily OCing. Even if he did use the stock cooler I would slap some AS5 on there anyways. I did on my old i5. The newer stuff is just that, newer. It hardly makes a difference to change from something you may be used to, like me. I have had the same tube of AS5 for years and don't plan on buying anything newer or "better" until I run out.
That being said, build looks solid. Sure you wanna go with a Powercolor card?

AS5 works good right off the bat. The only time you need to worry about changing and a cure time is when you are heavily OCing. Even if he did use the stock cooler I would slap some AS5 on there anyways. I did on my old i5. The newer stuff is just that, newer. It hardly makes a difference to change from something you may be used to, like me. I have had the same tube of AS5 for years and don't plan on buying anything newer or "better" until I run out.

my thoughts aswell, PP what CPU cooler would you recommend for around £30-40?

Back
Top Bottom