Build for friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a well thought out/researched build, kudos!
As for the discount, sure thats not just an in-school discount, i.e. It won't have any activation problems because you're not a student? Just checking, you never know.
Perhaps you could buy some car spray paint and soup up thast case with a bright pink, could give some funny results...

Hold on, try out this link, pink cases!
Newegg.com - Pink, Computer Cases, Computer Cases, Computer Hardware

and red ones too
Newegg.com - Red, Computer Cases, Computer Cases, Computer Hardware

Most of the cheaper pink cases looked like they had poor reviews.

I haven't worked with a 4870 so don't know the size
do you think it would fit in this case

Newegg.com - RAIDMAX AURA ATX-927WK Pink SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

the one above seems to have the best reviews but looks kinda ugly :-/

Hmm just noticed this one

Newegg.com - NZXT Apollo Red SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

but don't know shes really girly lol and this one doesn't look that girly

i don't know lol

Personally I like it, until you open the front door, then it looks very plasticky. Better than the piece on c**p I'm stuck with. The cases are affordable in the US!

The HD4870 will fit in all normal tower cases I would say. My case is cheap oem case but it does its job and the HD4870 would fit no bother.
This is the case; Casecom Black/Silver Mid Tower Case - No PSU - Front Blue LED 120mm Fan - With Side Window - Ebuyer

Also that case is sweet but not girly. Let me have a look

Yellow cases?
Newegg.com - APEVIA X-CRUISER-YL Yellow Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

This pink case is way nicer than the other one, look inside the door...Is that aluminium! Just take off the plastic triangles or stick them on with super glue
Newegg.com - SIGMA ZEN ZEN-WDP diamond pink SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

i like the way the cruiser case looks to bad no pink. Ill just have to ask her and have her go through a few see what she likes

What do you think about the rest of the build? does it look solid?

Yeah, sorry bout the delay.
Looks well researched. Well done
Only one I have no experience on is the motherboard. Get someone elses opinion on that as I will recommend Gigabyte (or Asus) but thats me.
Processor is good, so's RAM, PSU and HDD's are fine and the graphics card is a good one. (If you ever decide to downgrade I'll swap my good EVGA 8800GTS G92 for it (with a bit of cash)

(Some chance!!! :))

I recommend changing the motherboard to a Biostar TP45HP, it's cheaper and better than the one you listed.

Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Also this ram has better timings than the ones posted earlier.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

And there's you're answer! Biostar, the famous overclocker, ugly as can be though! :) Again, why I love my Gigabyte, all those flashing DRM leds!
Memory isn't half bad. Thanks Puddle Jumper!

Ok Changes made anyone else that can give their advise?

I made a list in case they do have to buy the OS its over 1,000 but only a bit over $16. I was going to ask is the COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 a good case?

in order to drop the price i changed the case to that and found a cheaper cd drive

Another question. Do you think it would be worth it to get the Q6600 or stay with the E8400. I'm just trying to think of options if i can get a really cheap copy of vista i should upgrade elsewhere

just found out that Purdue dont carry the 64bit verson :-/ so lame. so i do have to buy it.

Do you know if COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 will fit a 4870?

and does the
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W have the connector for the 4870?

just found out that Purdue dont carry the 64bit verson :-/ so lame. so i do have to buy it.

Do you know if COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 will fit a 4870?

and does the
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W have the connector for the 4870?
There you go, perhaps you could make do with the 32bit version and lose out on .5GB of memory? Don't the retail dvd's come with both x86 and x64 software on them though?

Centurion 5 should be fine

That psu sill have a connector, maybe 2 or 3, no problems there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom