(Build) Dedicated Streaming PC (2018)

Julian043

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I'm planning to build a Dedicated Streaming PC to get started on Twitch.
I made a build but just wanted to know if there are better alternatives etc.
Any tips are welcome!

CPU: Intel Core i3 8100
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370P D3 1.0
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA050
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 D5 2GB
Power: Seasonic M12II EVO 520 W
Case: Sharkoon VG4W (Midtower)

Please, leave any tips ^^

Yea its cool and fun to do for a few months but its far too costly in both equipment and time. After streaming for a little over a year and buying everything from green screens, expensive cameras, a 2nd pc for streaming, and countless hours overcoming issues and learning everything that's involved in broadcasting... I've come to the, possibly cynical, conclusion that by allowing the average consumer to put themselves in on the stage in a spotlight it also makes the products they own also in that spotlight. The result motivates temporary egocentric goals where the products we own are on display for everyone and therefore we set goals to upgrade our equipment to provide a better platform for our viewership to grow.

Ultimately and regardless if our vision bears fruit, the bottom line is these companies sell more of their products. Its a better sales technique than it is a hobby.

I dont want to discourage you to stream because it can be quite enjoyable but I encourage caution when buying additional products to improve your broadcast. Squeeze everything you can out of what you have before spending additional money.

Last edited:
All of that and not a single mention of the hardware in question?

The above hardware might be able to run Bebo with low settings but you're going to have a bad time running something like OBS. As much as I have to agree with what's said above, I'll try to stay on topic.

To give you an idea of what it takes a quad core minimum and I'd say a minimum of a GTX 1060 if you want to put out some quality streams. There's a **** ton of time involved in setup and half the battle is a balance between your hardware, yourself, things to make people stick, and stream quality. First and foremost, if you don't have at least a 5Mb upload I don't suggest trying to stream. If you have other people in the house that use the internet I'd bump that to 10Mb upload. From what I've noticed in the past 3 months people bitch about any kind of quality issue on a stream. If you're new, they'll ditch you and go to somebody else playing the same game. If you're machine lags, the bitrate is too low, or you're running a 30fps stream with an action packed game (causing a lot of blur, grain, and compression) people won't watch. The other night I was streaming Battlefront 2 and had a crispy stream going. Something happened and the stream started to stutter for about 5 minutes and I lost all 11 viewers I had. If you're just starting out this is death.

@iParanormalx least you figured out some of what I was talking about and why I hate Twitch. I honestly wish streaming to Youtube as a platform took off with all the toys there are like Twitch. I have almost 0 issues streaming to Youtube.

After your other post I just realized you're the same guy, but still same applies really. So if you're using a capture card you're going to be limited in refresh making your other post a bit pointless aiming for that 144 target. If you're using NDI you will need to make sure your network can handle it. NDI is also best if using x264 so the remote PC's CPU can handle the CPU load. If using NDI and nvenc might as well just use a stream deck and nvenc on your current PC then use a program like Bebo so the load isn't as bad as OBS on your main PC.

Back
Top Bottom