build or buy.

AIO units are pretty much fool proof when it comes to it. My mom knows nothing about computers (barely knows how to use one) and I put the parts to an H50 in her hand and asked her if she could figure it out. She said well, it's obviously very simple. Best experiment ever lol. :cool:

But to the first part, that's why I take the time to try and post on each build or upgrade here. Not only have I done all the research for the best parts for the money, but I also like to try and educate those who want to learn on why I chose specific parts.

Yeah, but it still requires steady hands. It would suck to have a leak. I mean I haven't seen an attempt in liquid cooling since then which was a few years ago so I'm sure they are a bit more full-proof now-a-days.

Not really, at all. There are 3 pieces not including the fan, and the ends/tubing are very rugged. You can bend the tubes in all kinds of odd directions for a rad placement without worry of pinching or leaking. They really are 99% fool proof. There is maybe a 5% chance of failure due to leaking, and since the loop is completely sealed, no air bubbles or evap to worry about.

Probably one of the most innovative cooling solutions to hit the market in a very long time.

You don't even need proper placement either. I have my H50 rad zip tied in my 5.25 bay. It's not pretty, but effective. The higher end units definitely have some unique edges over the more expensive tower coolers, and the only real competition is the Noctua D14 which is massive.

Not really, at all. There are 3 pieces not including the fan, and the ends/tubing are very rugged. You can bend the tubes in all kinds of odd directions for a rad placement without worry of pinching or leaking. They really are 99% fool proof. There is maybe a 5% chance of failure due to leaking, and since the loop is completely sealed, no air bubbles or evap to worry about.

Probably one of the most innovative cooling solutions to hit the market in a very long time.

You don't even need proper placement either. I have my H50 rad zip tied in my 5.25 bay. It's not pretty, but effective. The higher end units definitely have some unique edges over the more expensive tower coolers, and the only real competition is the Noctua D14 which is massive.

I guess I'll have to give that a try then. I would much rather have liquid cooling anyway. Thanks for the info.

Yea, I cooled a 2500k with my H50 and made it to 4.5Ghz easy, so the H80i on the 2600k will be able to probably do 4.8. Not that it's needed, but nice info to have.

Not that I recommend anybody to do this, but I run my 3960x with an H50 and it's actually fine. Max temps around 55c when Priming 12 threads, using a Scythe Kaze limited to 800rpm. It only stresses the little unit hard when I start upping the clocks.

Attachments

• h50.jpg
    h50.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1
Yea, I cooled a 2500k with my H50 and made it to 4.5Ghz easy, so the H80i on the 2600k will be able to probably do 4.8. Not that it's needed, but nice info to have.

Not that I recommend anybody to do this, but I run my 3960x with an H50 and it's actually fine. Max temps around 55c when Priming 12 threads, using a Scythe Kaze limited to 800rpm. It only stresses the little unit hard when I start upping the clocks.
Thats great because I got a 2600K and even though it is clocked at 3.4GHz, it would be cool to get more out of it. I got 16GB of Corsair Vengence DDR3 PC10600 RAM. EVENTUALLY I will be getting 32GB.

More RAM isn't needed unless you have a purpose for it. Anything above 32GB is extremely overkill, although that's not doable on 1155/1150. Kinda like me saying 4.8 isn't needed on a 2600k lol.

More RAM isn't needed unless you have a purpose for it. Anything above 32GB is extremely overkill, although that's not doable on 1155/1150. Kinda like me saying 4.8 isn't needed on a 2600k lol.

Thats odd because for my board, on the website it says it is expandable to 32GB... Unless they got that wrong? It's a BiostarTz68k+. Here is the website: TZ68K+ :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

Please let me know if you think they have made an error.

Back
Top Bottom