Build the best possible computer using only $600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Angel

Baseband Member
If your were to build a computer using only $600 what would it be? Keep in my mind its for high end gaming and performance. You can use any parts availible...

600 dollars is more entry level, especially if you need mouse, keyboard, screen, speakers etc.
do you?
if not, 600 dollars will build a decent low-mid range gaming pc.
which you can then make "high end" thru the majic of overclocking.
e2140 or x2 4000 brisbane 75 / 62
abit ip35-e or gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4 - 90
256mb 8800GT - 210(if you can find one, good luck)
corsair 520-hx - 120
dvd drive - 30
hard drive - 50ish
case - whatever you want - 50ish

intel = ~625 plus shipping
AMD = ~612 plus shipping

very similar performance.

edit: i forgot ram. and OS.
durtard has good build but i assume you need both OS and HDD.
no way you can be "high end" for that much money.

you could drop to x2 3600 brisbane and save a little. not enough to buy OS and ram, though.
i say get a 256mb 8800GT over the 3850. just my own opinion.
i agree with the assesment that you should have more money for system. otherwise you will constantly be upgrading it.

No, monitor, keyboard, mouse, HDD, and OS, I have already. Couldn't you just get a cheaper case, power supply, and motherboard for a better processor?

the motherboard and power supply are the backbones of your computer(your money is best invested getting quality ones), and the processors we reccomended work beautifully, and can be overclocked

then go with durftard's build (using his PSU) or my AMD selections (also using his PSU), and you will be fine, and at your budget.
but since you ask, yes, i would go for either a q6600 or an AMD 6000 or 5000 black edition (unlocked multiplier = easy overclock, also cheap like 130) if i was building a new rig.
if i got either one of those though, i would step up to at least the 520 hx PSU i listed.

yeah could definitely get a cheaper PSU. i like to recommend SLI capable PSU's just cos...well....at some point people may want to go SLI.
plus, if i had to buy a new one, its what i would buy for myself. actually i'd get the 620, because i want a modular next time.
but yeah nothing wrong with the silverstone, fsp, xclio, and (i know some disagree) my coolmax 500 has been runnign along without a hiccup for almost a year, pretty much non-stop. so, i would recommend it as well. the SLI that i have is like 70 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom