Build This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3870x2 is about 70 more than the individual 3870's. Also, by creating a setup like this, if I want to upgrade cards in the future, I am already Crossfire ready.

Any good 24" monitor reccomendations?

The reviews for that monitor seem pretty dire. A significant number of them mention issues with pixles dying out on them (the infamous horizontal line phenomenon). In addition to this, the monitor apparently runs rather hot both in terms of the screen and heat given off. Several reviewers also indicated that even when the monitor is off (let alone in hibernate) it continues to run and they can smell burning plastic! Does not sound like a test I want to take.

I havent had a single issue with mine. They are really hit and miss though. You either get a good one or a bad one. But thats fairly common with lcd's.

NO NO NO NO NO. 6ms WILL NOT GHOST. Stop spreading this FUD. I HAVE the 6ms soyo and it does not ghost one bit. Its an MVA panel, it has better colors than any TN on the market. My old 8ms Viewsonic TN did not ghost either.

^^ then you don't have that good of eyesight because i have used about 10 different models that were 5, 6, and 8ms and they showed ghosting alot. So untill you have used alot of 5ms montors you canot tell someone that 5ms will not show ghosting, because most will (and 6ms will almost deffinetly)

Actually, I just found out that my roommate has the Acer model that I mentioned in this post (5ms) and he has experienced no ghosting. He said he loves the monitor and is actually considering buying a 2nd one so I am pretty sure I am going to go with that setup.

^^some monitors have a that have 5ms won't show ghosting and others will....it all depends how the monitor handles it. It's up to you but personally i wouldn't get anything more then 2ms...i originally bought a 5ms but it was TERRIBLE so i got a 2ms and it's amazing. But it's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom