Budget WoW Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should play Warhammer Age of Reckoning instead of WoW. Thousand times better, doesn't take to much more than WoW to run. WaR is really the game that WoW wanted to be :)

Eh, that game is OK. I still got bored with it. Play Age of Conan, now that is a real game. Very immersive world with realistic looks instead of a bunch of cartoons running around. Age of Conan has a soundtrack and certain areas of the world are actually voice acted so you don't have to read stories every time you get a quest. If a person isn't voice acted, you read a conversation and get different responses to give. The stories of the game actually feel real and you can get into them. Combat is actually somewhat interactive instead of just mashing your combos. True, the game still has alot to work on but it is a far better game than WoW and War combined. There also aren't millions of quests where you have to go gather 15 boar feet and 10 rabbit ears.... LAME. Get some real quests that actually make sense and progress a story.

Edit: PC_Caveman, don't build a rig around WoW because it is years old and as you said, its not going to get more demanding for PCs but EVERYTHING else is. Why would you build a rig thats based around something thats years behind in quality. Thats just a waste of money

Lol again i did the beta and launch for that game as well and it looked a lot more promising than WoW, but they are still behind on their updates and doesn't look like they are going to do anything worthwhile with it any time soon?

Did you even get to 80 and do end game content in AoC? i got my necro to 80 in a few weeks and saw there was nothing to do and the end game items didn't improve much form the blue sets you got form epic kesh boss runs. AoC is one of the biggest letdowns since Vanguard, im astonished you still play it. I got two characters to max level in less time than it took me to get my first 60 in WoW. At least WAR was alil harder to level in.

Eh, that game is OK. I still got bored with it. Play Age of Conan, now that is a real game. Very immersive world with realistic looks instead of a bunch of cartoons running around. Age of Conan has a soundtrack and certain areas of the world are actually voice acted so you don't have to read stories every time you get a quest. If a person isn't voice acted, you read a conversation and get different responses to give. The stories of the game actually feel real and you can get into them. Combat is actually somewhat interactive instead of just mashing your combos. True, the game still has alot to work on but it is a far better game than WoW and War combined. There also aren't millions of quests where you have to go gather 15 boar feet and 10 rabbit ears.... LAME. Get some real quests that actually make sense and progress a story.

Edit: PC_Caveman, don't build a rig around WoW because it is years old and as you said, its not going to get more demanding for PCs but EVERYTHING else is. Why would you build a rig thats based around something thats years behind in quality. Thats just a waste of money

I don't mean to offend anybody, but with some wow people, it is all they do so that is the reasoning. It still sounds like a retarded idea to me though. They are just so confident that it is the best game ever and it is all they are ever going to need for at least a few more years.

Lol again i did the beta and launch for that game as well and it looked a lot more promising than WoW, but they are still behind on their updates and doesn't look like they are going to do anything worthwhile with it any time soon?

Did you even get to 80 and do end game content in AoC? i got my necro to 80 in a few weeks and saw there was nothing to do and the end game items didn't improve much form the blue sets you got form epic kesh boss runs. AoC is one of the biggest letdowns since Vanguard, im astonished you still play it. I got two characters to max level in less time than it took me to get my first 60 in WoW. At least WAR was alil harder to level in.

I haven't played it for awhile but I just started playing again. They have added some new content and they are working on DX10 which is supposed to be released really soon and they just opened a new area. I think they are in the works of adding alot of new armor too. I just like it because I actually can get into the stories of the game. I'm not too concerned about my items. As long as I can kill who I need to kill, I'm good. They just need to get a good marketing campaign going to get people to start playing it again so they can fund getting out those big updates that they need. It probably won't happen though unfortunately.

I haven't played it for awhile but I just started playing again. They have added some new content and they are working on DX10 which is supposed to be released really soon and they just opened a new area. I think they are in the works of adding alot of new armor too. I just like it because I actually can get into the stories of the game. I'm not too concerned about my items. As long as I can kill who I need to kill, I'm good. They just need to get a good marketing campaign going to get people to start playing it again so they can fund getting out those big updates that they need. It probably won't happen though unfortunately.

Yea but the content they added was for the lack of content for the mid to high mid levels, 40-50 and 60-70. They are still lacking on stuff to do end game, especially after killing PvP. It had many promising features but they seemed to all fall apart.

I don't mean to offend anybody, but with some wow people, it is all they do so that is the reasoning. It still sounds like a retarded idea to me though. They are just so confident that it is the best game ever and it is all they are ever going to need for at least a few more years.

Yea my lil brother is like that, im just getting back into it since there isn't anything better as of right now,and i'll have more money down the road for a new i7 build when D3 comes out.

Yea my lil brother is like that, im just getting back into it since there isn't anything better as of right now,and i'll have more money down the road for a new i7 build when D3 comes out.

I would just save your money until you can afford an i7 because if you buy this WoW system, you will waste that much money that you could have put towards an i7 rig. None of the stuff you want to buy is going to have any resale value so you might as well save until you can afford i7.

+1 for Zeds build

Zed add in a 9800 GTX+ or 4850 and you got a gaming system ;)

Should still be under $500 which was his initial budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom