budget rig (Apoko please post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try and find one of these to keep temps down when overclocking that 5000+ BE.
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Yeah I know I linked new egg. But at least now you know what CPU heat sink I m talking about.

ive already got a true 120 and tx-2 paste atm. i just need a recommendation for a mobo on gamedude.com.au thats not over 120. seems that most of the good mobo are more expensive.

i could also go with the 5200+ on umart.com.au which is $85 alos, but all their 780g mobo's are mATX.

Black edition has unlocked multiplyers which make overclocking a lot easier so if AMD go 5000+ BE. I do still recommend Intel e2180 though.

if i can get a mobo from gamedude.com.au thats fits the price range i want to go amd, because i wanna break from intel. thats if sumone can rec. me one, vernong where are u :(

Hes not coming. He has been captured by imperial storm troopers while trying to help the rebel scum. When he was captured he was found carrying this Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

(yeah that is a board thats been recommended before but I'm sure theres some cheaper ones that are good to)

5000+BE is a good chip but I wouldn't worry to much about learning amd. A couple settings when overclocking is about the only thing to learn that would actually impact performance.

haHA! I am slowly turning the tides for AMD!

But in all seriousness, look for an asus M2N board. I have built 3 systems with them now, the most recent being a M2N-E (89.99 retail) and they are just exceptional. As always though, gigabyte boards are great too, and the one dario suggested is no exception.

looks like there a re going to be too expensive, my brother wants to get intel xd we are going halves.

Hes not coming. He has been captured by imperial storm troopers while trying to help the rebel scum. When he was captured he was found carrying this Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX Ultra Durable II AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

(yeah that is a board thats been recommended before but I'm sure theres some cheaper ones that are good to)

5000+BE is a good chip but I wouldn't worry to much about learning amd. A couple settings when overclocking is about the only thing to learn that would actually impact performance.

lol thats funniest thing ive ever heard on here, i really wanan get that mobo, but gamedude.com.au doesnt have it

looks like there a re going to be too expensive, my brother wants to get intel xd we are going halves.

Brother, so you have a brother. If you won't turn to the darkside then perhaps he will!

Like I said good cooler and mobo should take a 2180 far, at least far enough to beat a 5000+. I'm confident mine could go a bit higher but the mobo doesn't really want to.

if i can get a mobo from gamedude.com.au thats fits the price range i want to go amd, because i wanna break from intel. thats if sumone can rec. me one, vernong where are u :(

I've been checking out houses and/or studying for my permit test today

But you should consider learning the ways of the AMD overclocking before going Nehalem ;)

Brother, so you have a brother. If you won't turn to the darkside then perhaps he will!

Like I said good cooler and mobo should take a 2180 far, at least far enough to beat a 5000+. I'm confident mine could go a bit higher but the mobo doesn't really want to.

His going to be overclocking his CPU 1.2ghz above stock for every day use. As opposed to a .6ghz overclock. His really going to be stressing that CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom