Budget PC!!

bpm55

In Runtime
Hello Everyone!

I am thinking about building a budget PC to do a little gaming and mostly run as a linux box. I am thinking AMD and a budget of around $500. I do not need any software only hardware, also no mouse, keyboard, or monitor. So all suggestions are welcome. Below is my thoughts for components.

CPU: A-10 -5800k
RAM: any 1600 8gb ddr3
MOBO: ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 or ASUS F2A85-V PRO
PSU: Suggrestions welcome, thinking 500W or 550W corsair or antec
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Modular Gaming, possibly one solution to a psu
GPU: Suggestions needed, may wait to buy
CASE: Any mid-ATX to full
HDD: will be used from other computer

All suggestions are welcome including compete rebuilds, I am very open and would like to get the most for the money.

Last edited:
The CPU web-page says "AMD A10-5800K Trinity 3.8GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 7660D" - that means the GPU is also in the package, if i understand correctly.

The A-10 is an AMD APU, the AMD Radeon HD 7660D is similar to the Intel HD4000 graphics it is an on chip graphics. I am planning on doing some gaming and may need more gpu power not necessarily, but possibly

@PPMguire, Why build intel over amd? and which build is superior in Gaming performance?

I am not bashing your build or against it, I am just weighing pros and cons

thanks I appreciate the information!

So I was wondering if it would be worth it to go up to I5 quad core, I do a lot of programming and multi thread stuff, do you think that the extra $100 for the unlocked I5 is worth it?

May be willing to put in a bit more money if it would be significantly stronger for true computing power and not just gaming.

Last edited:
So newegg has a deal today for ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA with free ram. Would this be a good deal? Is the board good reviews look good? Never used that brand of ram is it worth it being free?

GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

and I was thinking the I5 K version. A little bit more money, but I could overclock it later for more performance.

Back
Top Bottom