Budget (guts) for a gaming sytem

Status
Not open for further replies.

masteroc

In Runtime
As the title implies, I am looking for some budget parts for a rebuild of a semi-gaming/working computer. I have a more serious gaming computer, but this one is a recreational one at the office. I have lots of spare parts which include: DVD readers and writers, a case, a 480W PS (is this enough?), and a few HDs.

What I need are: Mobo, cpu, video card, memory. I have put together this spec on newegg, however I'm hoping you guys have some advice that can either reduce the cost a bit. I'm looking to have a good medium build budget system. 4gb of ddr3 and a decent graphics card are preferred (e.g. nothing lower than a 4850 or gts 250). I just want it to be able to play CSS and some of the newer games at at least medium to medium high settings.

Spec so far:

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGEGTX260896OCE GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G10664GK - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor - Processors - Desktops

Also, I only went with the tri-core phenom since it seemed to be the cheapest for the price. If the new i5's will give me the same or better performance for a similar price that
would be good (I actually prefer Intel).

Thanks for any advice you have to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom