Budget gaming PC~ $850 (Have a few things already)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about it but Im not 100% sure since its about 40 bucks more for a Cas4 DDR2-800, As stated that Mobo isnt the best, its just average. I don't want blazing fast crazy 3.0+ OC's on it. Around 2.6 or so would be fine for me. Plus wouldnt i be able to OC my ram to about 900 or so? wouldnt that allow me to increase my FSB to about 1800 on my C2D? Do they even go that high???? Sorry but as stated im fairly new to this. Plus that RAM is pretty much one of the best 667's i could find (well actully its 675 but all they did was OC it a bit right) also its only 1.8v meaning i could up that to help it over clock more than the ones with a higher stock voltage right? But as stated i dunno exactly

okay, now I thin that with overclocking ram starts below 667. and 667 is its ceiling, now I am not positive on that.

Also I had another comment; do you have any dc/dvdrom drives lined up for this build? Or do those need to be included in your budget? Newegg has some cd and dvd rw combo drives for like ~$30.
Just thought I would mention that to you.

I have one drive currently that is comming off my current computer, its a brand new 18x DVD Samsung. But thats only one and eventully i plan on getting another for copies

Also does anyone know how hard it will be to OC my 7900GS to 650/1700? I do have cooling fans all over the place.

so it looks like you took my advice on getting the freezer 7 pro. :p
i am currently using it and trust me you will be satisfied once you get it. i lowered my temps a little more than 15 centigrade.

Yea, I just hope my DDR2 675 Cas4 wont bottleneck the OC. Lets say i were to OC the ram past 800, would it still be a large bottleneck or just like you cant go past 3.0 or something. I have no intention of trying to go incredibly high unless I can with this setup, but with this Ram i dunno how high i can go

well I dont know 7900gt speeds right off the top of my head. But if 650/1700 is them a lot of people claim easliy hitting those speeds on stock cooling.

Don't worry too much about the CAS latency, its not going to make a large amount of difference in the overclock if you raise it, and it certainly doesn't make any noticeable difference in performance. What you should be going for is how far you'll be able to overclock your processor with whatever memory you get, since its the processor that will determine your overall performance. DDR2-675 is not going to get to DDR2-900 at all, not with the right memory chips. And those budget Wintecs certainly don't have those memory chips.

DDR2-533 memory is the base for a non-overclocked Core 2 Duo system running at 266FSB. To get your E6300 to 2.6Ghz, you would need to get your FSB to ~370FSB, not a problem with that motherboard, and certainly not for the processor. The memory, however, would need to be running at DDR2-740. For that, get the G.Skill 1GB DDR2-800. Its $10 more than the DDR2-675 that you were planning to get. While DDR2-675 may reach DDR2-740, $10 more gets you a lot more OC capability. The G.Skills may be cheap, but they DO overclock well, and DDR2-900 is to be expected. But I wouldn't bet that that specific pair of DDR2-675 is going to reach DDR2-800, even if it has CAS4.

j369852147412 said:
you said SATA 3.0 its actually SATA 2. and SATA 2 has 3.0 gb's per second. or if you dont want to call it SATA you can call it ATA300.
if you were referring to SATA (sata1) it would be be ATA150.

Actually, SATA3.0 is the correct tern. SATA 2 does not exist. The other name is SATAII, but that was the name of a company. So it was changed to SATA3.0, as per the 3.0GB/s.

Mid-Range DX10 GPUs from Nvidia in Q1 2007. Just read that like 2 minutes ago.

Also, I forgot to mention that at around a 2.6Ghz overclock, you probably won't have upped the voltage any, so a better heatsink would be rather pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom