Budget e2160 / e2140 Motherboard Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7i2

In Runtime
I'm not sure if these will go down in price, but benchmarks say that this CPU beats(?) the 3600+ brisbane. My question is there a good budget mobo combo with the E2140/2160 that comes out to around $150-$170? I'm talking about something like the TForce 550 and a 3600+ for high clocks, but I don't know any good overclocking chipsets other than the P965 that comes under $100

The 650i chipset is pretty good for overclocking. I would suggest the MSI P6N Platinum, or the cheaper SLI-FI version. I also heard good things about the Gigabyte 650i-DS4. But the 965P is still overclocking king, because they like high FSB speeds, which is essential for a high overclock. So for those low end C2Ds, I'd just go with a 965P chipset. Gigabyte 965P-DS3 or ASUS P5B Deluxe FTW!

The 650i chipset is pretty good for overclocking. I would suggest the MSI P6N Platinum, or the cheaper SLI-FI version. I also heard good things about the Gigabyte 650i-DS4. But the 965P is still overclocking king, because they like high FSB speeds, which is essential for a high overclock. So for those low end C2Ds, I'd just go with a 965P chipset. Gigabyte 965P-DS3 or ASUS P5B Deluxe FTW!

yep... pretty much

woot ds3 FTW!

why do we quote long paragraphs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom