budget card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
i was looking to buy a new card, but im on somewhat of a budget for now. i was thinking the 7600gt. is there anything else out there that might be a little cheaper, and still have close to the same performance? or what is the best price/performance card out there that could still run say bf2?

thanks

I agree totally with vaderpro. To the MAX! That card will slice through battlefield 2 like butter. Even plays oblivion very well maxed out. Its definatly the way to go.

Well judging by your motherboard disregard all suggestions made to you, you're AGP buddy. I'd recommened this card:

XFX 256MB 256-bit 6800XTreme

I just bought the 6800XT, it runs things like a breeze, I've almost got WoW maxed out on 1280x1024 resolution, everything but AA and multisampling or something is maxed out, runs good, only got 1gb of ram though the game still goes right, 2gb will do teh trick and that's coming soon!! Battlefield runs perfectly on High Quality settings, lots of things are running now as opposed to my 9600XT beforehand!! GO XFX 6800XT!!

Edit: My bad, just realised that you have 6800GT, well now that I see that, the only thing I think that would beat it is the 7800GS maybe, not really sure.

Yah woops...if you aint happy with the 6800gt its time for a mboard upgrade to pci-e and then a new card....please post your question more thoroughly next time...we are living in a pci-e world....cheers :D

i realize that and i guess that is partly my fault for not mentioning i have already purchased an x2 3800+ and fixing to buy the mobo, so the last thing on my list was a new video card, and was wondering what to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom