Budget Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandre88

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I am building a computer for a friend. He doesn't feel confident in doing it himself so he has asked me to do it for him which I have no problem doing. I'm looking forward to it actually. He is on a budget though but he wants as much bang for his buck as possible and I want to help him there. Although I am still new to this and could really use some help. His budget is anywhere from $600-800 and it can be closer to the $800 if it needs to be.

He isn't a computer gamer but wants something kind of middle of the road as far as vid cards go. Doesn't need to be overly powerful but if he started playing some game he could at least run it on medium-ish or better graphics. I'd really like to try and squeeze an SSD in if at all possible for at the least his OS so that he can get that boot speed. Finally he is pretty firm in wanting to get the HAF-922 case because he has seen my HAF-X case and loves how easy it is to work with. He intends to do some things himself once the build is done so he really wants something easy that he'd be comfortable with. I know it seems kind of a difficult task to keep him in budget with the SSD and the case he wants while still making it a mid-high end PC that will last him. Any help or some sample builds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all!

Definitely a GeForce GTS 450. Fits the "middle of the road" perfectly. Good performance for a great price.
Newegg.com - MSI N450GTS CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Others will chime in about the rest.

Thanks for the advice on the video card. I've been looking around but am kind of having a hard time. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Luckily my friend isn't in a huge hurry so we are taking our time trying to see what we can figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom