Budget build - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Budget build

Hello I am bought a old computer thinking I could upgrade it to something but the bios is really old with no updates, SOOOO I want to build a computer but something That is wallet friendly but once more money rolls in I can easily upgrade it and it has a wide range of compatibility,, so it will be easy to find a new part. I am looking for an all in one PC, okay gaming light photo and video editing etc.
Thanks.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Budget build

Need a budget to work around.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Something like 300 to 500 ish cheaper the better
I have a hard drive and I have a old case.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

So I'm assuming it'll be mATX. Will this be now or later?

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Well- "PP" is our resident build expert- but I will attempt to help by trying to define the parameters a bit. "Gaming" could mean playing solitaire or it could mean playing the newest Battlefield multiplayer. So whats "gaming light" mean to you ? Do you have a OS ( win7 or win10), a mouse, Keyboard, monitor,etc. If the answer is yes and both the old harddrive and the case are fully functional - then you would need a CPU,GPU, MOBO, PSU, and RAM.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
Well- "PP" is our resident build expert- but I will attempt to help by trying to define the parameters a bit. "Gaming" could mean playing solitaire or it could mean playing the newest Battlefield multiplayer. So whats "gaming light" mean to you ? Do you have a OS ( win7 or win10), a mouse, Keyboard, monitor,etc. If the answer is yes and both the old harddrive and the case are fully functional - then you would need a CPU,GPU, MOBO, PSU, and RAM.
Assumptions based on the other thread would be OP has everything already and needs a platform. This is pretty doable considering what we're working with from the other thread which is sad to say pretty junk. If the OS is 7 or 10 it'd be pretty easy to swap over the old drive or clone it to an SSD.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have a monitor keyboard and I have Windows going thing I really need is the power supply motherboard at CPU graphics card Ram and a WiFi card they gave me I will be doing is very medium I will be playing some newer games but mostly older games
Old 01-05-2018, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Build Guru

You can take the GPU off if you want to get something later. It does have an IGP that is usable and quicker than what you currently have. Has everything you need minus the HDD.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RzKWM8

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie

If you got case and hard drive I jsut did a build for 566, but i already had ram I will add links to parts, pretty decent build with a RX 550 Ryzen, gigabyt and 8gigs ram. 1k WTT power supply. I mean its not no gaming system but it can play some games
I ordered a case and also dvd drive, I assume your using your old one if any, and you stated case and hard drive. so its 500ish, and it was bought during Xmas sales, so osme parts might be more or less.
Mother board
x GIGABYTE GA-AB350-GAMING 3 (rev. 1.0) AM4 AMD B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor
1 x AMD RYZEN 5 1600 6-Core 3.2 GHz (3.6 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1600BBAEBOX Desktop Processor

Ram
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Video Card
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814126198

Power Supply
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-06-2018, 05:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
You can take the GPU off if you want to get something later. It does have an IGP that is usable and quicker than what you currently have. Has everything you need minus the HDD.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RzKWM8
I am going to come to you when i build my next one.