Budget build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky90

Solid State Member
Ive been playing WoW the past couple weeks, and my FPS has been too low to play it comfortably. I can be playing solo with no one around me and my frames are 15-17, whenever I go to a town with a lot of people it will drop to about 10-11 frames. I belive my computer overheated at one point and it damaged my components, there is actually a burn mark on my motherboard. I do not know what is really damaged, I assume just my motherboard and cpu?

So I am looking for a budget build that can play wow in a raid situation with a constant 30 frames, I play on 1440/900. I would like to pay about $300 for everything.

What all components do you need?

Mobo....CPU.....GPU ?

If you need to build a whole new pc....I don't believe you are gonna make it with $300.

well I was hoping someone might be able to tell me that the burn mark on my motherboard would only of damaged my mobo/cpu, but assuming it all is damaged I need a mobo, cpu, gpu, and ram.
My current case is an antec 900, and I have an old pent 4 single core with ddr1 ram right now, my psu is a Antec True Power 2.0 430W I would like to keep using this if it would be possible.

most likely that's all that was damaged but it could have damaged the GPU as well.

sounds like you are in need of an upgrade anyways :D

Your 430W will be fine for these upgrades. That case is plenty for reusing as well. I'd follow rollingthunder's suggestion. If you have 64bit OS, get 4GB instead of 2, though. Otherwise, try to see if you can get 3GB (2x1GB, 2x512mb; or forget dual channel and get 1x2GB, 1x1GB) of RAM as that would give you the most use on a 32bit system for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom