Brother Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
Hi. I think it is time to work on my brother build since his birthday is 2 weeks away. I am trying to convice my parents and my brother to get a desktop instead of a laptop. My mom said to get a laptop for mobility but I dont see them moving a lot. Also, I told them that they can't leave the laptop 24/7.

I currently dont know the budget but I would think it is around $1000 or under since it will cost an extra $250 to ship it here. The lower the better. This build will be overclocked for best bang for the buck. It will be on 24/7 and it will be mostly used for gaming. Not sure what games he will play since the current 4 year old desktop is preventing them from playing more newer games because it has an intergrated video card. He is currently are playing Conquer Online (http://www.co.91.com/) but he wants to try something new. Conquer Online is a 2d game with 3d effects.

Currently it is 4AM so I am tired and I am going to bed. I will work on the build when I wake up. I want to see your suggestions for the build. This is the build that b1gapl PMed me in march for $600:

b1gapl said:

Also, the budget includes everything like the tower, monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc....

What components/parts/hardware am i missing?

• CPU
  • MOBO
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Monitor
  • Floopy Reader
  • DVD Burner
  • Card Reader
  • PSU
  • Thermal compound